PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 renewal at CAA, Gatwick

Quarto
3rd Jul 2010, 16:37
Hi

I tried the search function but had no luck finding an answer and I can't phone the CAA as they are closed at the weekend so I'm hoping someone here may know.

Is it possible to renew a class 1 medical at the CAA in Gatwick or do they only carry out initial Class 1 medicals? If this is possible do you know if they do morning appointments?

I am hoping to be passing through there and as there isn't an AME in my local area then I thought that I would try and get a medical while I was in there.

I will also be at Heathrow so if anyone has an alternative suggestion for an AME within easy bus transport of the airport then I would appreciate that.

Thanks
Quarto

Meikleour
5th Jul 2010, 19:54
Dr Tallent is an AME with facilities at both LGW and LHR I think you will find he advertises on PPRUNE.

Another_CFI
9th Jul 2010, 08:40
I do all my Class 1 renewals/revalidations at Gatwick, and they offer appointments in the morning and afternoon.

Gulfstreamaviator
9th Jul 2010, 11:27
I think the original Question refered to the CAA in house medical centre.

Not one of the off site AME's, that are close by.

As to CAA in house renewals, sorry I dont know.

I always used Dr Chapman, for over 30 years, always available, in cases of urgent need...(ie forgot to book).....

glf

Another_CFI
9th Jul 2010, 14:43
My reply above relates to the CAA Medical Centre at the Belgrano.

Lew747
9th Jul 2010, 20:42
Rather than starting a new thread... but when booking an initial class 1 can you choose any weekday that suits you? Or are you only allowed appointments available that they give?

Only want to know as I have a different day off work each week and would like to get one done ASAP. How much notice do they like?

Cheers :ok:

777fly
23rd Jul 2010, 18:27
Just to confirm that you CAN do a renewal at CAA LGW. Allow about 2 hours on the day.
You need to book at least 2 weeks in advance to get the day & time you want. A week to 10 days ahead usually has some appointments available but the choice is severely limited or not available with less than a week's notice.
You will be asked to pay 'up front' by credit card when you make the booking and you will need to take a photo style I/D ( passport or driving licence) when you turn up.
The medical is very straightforward there, you are not under any 'extra' scrutiny.
Note: I do not work for the CAA..