PDA

View Full Version : Pay/ Conditions

Super Cecil
3rd Jul 2010, 10:24
There was a comment on another thread that has been pulled about some pilots who have taken action and been awarded backpay, a considerable sum. Why was the comment pulled? Will this thread stay if the company involved is not named?

glekichi
3rd Jul 2010, 12:23
Well I have heard that in the past suppression has been ordered by the court in such cases. Apparently to protect both parties, but it certainly does seem to favour the companies that were underpaying and continue to do so. :mad:

tail wheel
3rd Jul 2010, 21:43
There was a comment on another thread that has been pulled about some pilots who have taken action and been awarded backpay, a considerable sum. Why was the comment pulled? Will this thread stay if the company involved is not named?

What thread was "pulled"? I have no idea what you are referring to. :confused: :confused: :confused:

If a Court made and published a decision on any matter, it is in the public domain and may be posted on PPRuNe, if relevent to aviation. What is not acceptable is public debate of a Moderator's action on any PPRuNe forum. If you have a question, PM or email a Moderator.

No thread or post is totally deleted, merely removed from public view. PM details so I can search for the thread you are referring to.

Baldnfat
4th Jul 2010, 22:57
Maybe the comment was pulled by the author?

Great to see that TW is on to it. ;)

Super Cecil
4th Jul 2010, 23:55
I didn't pull my posts that disapeared. Can't say about the others but there were a few that disapeared. There was a comment about a wage case that was just heard with the result being a considerable payout for the pilots.

lemel
5th Jul 2010, 05:50
I know of three instances where employers had to backpay pilots because they were paid below the award.

For those of you out there who are getting paid below the award, I strongly suggest you do something about it. The law is on your side.

notmyC150v2
5th Jul 2010, 06:32
This is the media release from the Fair Work Ombudsman relating to the recovery of wages matters. There is no identification of the firms involved probably because it never proceeded to court and they paid up on demand.

Media release
6 June 2010
Underpaid pilots are back-paid $50,000
Three pilots in south-west Victoria are being reimbursed $50,000 after an investigation by the Fair Work Ombudsman found they were underpaid.

The pilots – who all worked for the one company – lodged complaints with the Fair Work Ombudsman after they were underpaid wages, annual leave entitlements and allowances.

After Fair Work inspectors contacted the employer and explained its obligations, a payment plan was agreed on to ensure the workers are fully back-paid.

The largest individual underpayment was $19,500 for one of the pilots.

Fair Work Ombudsman Executive Director Michael Campbell says that given the employer has co-operated and agreed to voluntarily rectify the underpayments, there will be no further action against the company involved.

Last month, a pilot based at Katherine, in the Northern Territory, was reimbursed $17,000 after Fair Work inspectors intervened on his behalf following a complaint that he was not paid for all hours worked, did not receive payment in lieu of notice or annual leave entitlements.

“Our preference is always to work with employers to educate them and help them voluntary rectify any non-compliance issues,” Mr Campbell said.

Since March, 2006, the Fair Work Ombudsman has recouped a total of $107 million for Australian employees underpaid at work.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has a number of tools on its website - Fair Work Online (http://www.fairwork.gov.au) - to assist employees and employers to check minimum rates of pay, including Paycheck.

Small to medium-sized businesses without human resources staff can also ensure they are better equipped when hiring, managing and dismissing employees by using free template employment documentation with step-by-step instructions or accessing a series of Best Practice Guides.

Employers or employees seeking assistance or further information can also contact the Fair Work Infoline on 13 13 94 from 8am-6pm weekdays. For translations, call 13 14 50.

Note: we are unable to provide additional information on the cases listed above.

DirectAnywhere
5th Jul 2010, 06:47
A significant amount was also paid to former employees of a large Moorabbin based flying school.

Not sure of the total number of claimants or the total awarded.

tail wheel
5th Jul 2010, 11:02
Cecil

According to your communication with me, you were referring to the following Troll post, and the five succeeding posts:

Capt Metro: $134,000
F/O Metro: $83,000

+ Allowances

Must have DG Awareness & Acceptance

The posts were deleted by one of the Mods as the Troll post was ludicrous and misleading. Amazingly, a number of posts which followed, believed the wages quoted were correct in the original post. :ugh:

Not in your wildest dreams - no one pays B737 wages to Metro Captains and FOs! :=

Note: we are unable to provide additional information on the cases listed above.

Under the circumstances, speculation is not aceptable on PPRuNe.