PDA

View Full Version : Incident at Gatwick on wed?

jpro747
2nd Jul 2010, 18:19
Hi all,

I heard today that a flight routing London Gatwick to Rhodes on Wednesday (30th June), had problems with one of the engines after takeoff, circled over london a few times then landed safely at Gatwick. Does anyone know any more about this?

Sir Herbert Gussett
2nd Jul 2010, 18:22
Easyjet's 757 had hydraulic problems on departure from LGW and returned... it was routing to Rhodes however the flight was last Saturday I believe.

SR-22
2nd Jul 2010, 18:32
So Easyjet 757, then it must be a Astraeus, Air Finland or Titan Airways aircraft?

dwshimoda
2nd Jul 2010, 18:46
Titan's is operating at Stansted, so not them.

Sir George Cayley
2nd Jul 2010, 19:01
It's over. Nothing to see here - move along there.:ok:

SGC

Charley B
2nd Jul 2010, 19:29
I believe a/c was G-BYAP and it was on Weds evening appx 19.30--was mentioned on the local aviation society blog that night as a reason for Meridiana diverting to STN.
Was not watching at the time so dont know any more than that!
I also am curious as to what happened!!

Han 1st Solo
2nd Jul 2010, 19:34
It was a Thomson 757 which had a bird strike on Take Off, returned shortly after and landed without incident.

Sir Herbert Gussett
2nd Jul 2010, 20:51
The Bird in seat 9A.... gutted I never had my binoculars to peek in from my Dash 8's cockpit :)

EpsilonVaz
2nd Jul 2010, 22:26
G-TTOJ was also involved in a small stuck brake incident on Wednesday night.

whatdoesthisbuttondo
2nd Jul 2010, 22:43
A Thomson 757 took a bird in the left engine on take off 26L. Pan declared landed back without incident.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Jul 2010, 06:47
<<circled over london a few times >>

Interesting!

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Jul 2010, 09:32
It would be really nice to see some of a level of common sense on this thread, and others, that reflects the fact that not all posts are written by 11 year olds who have just learned how to speak!! Getting my point yet? No? In other words smart arse comments are what they are - stupid.

If you want to be taken seriously, and believed by professional grown ups on this forum, you had better start behaving like normal people.

I have three options for you - actually four! I can delete your silly posts, ban you from the thread, ban you from the site - or allow you to continue in the forum providing you treat it properly. Banter, real banter, is not barred on PPRuNe but pure nonsense is.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Jul 2010, 10:50
I think you're a bit OTT, Pop. Nothing on this thread is worse than good-natured rest-room banter but it's a shame that YOU introduced foul language.

simonchowder
3rd Jul 2010, 15:30
Common sense pop? your asking a lot, this is the spotters forum , not exactly renowned for its informed sensible comment TBH

JimmyTAP
3rd Jul 2010, 19:19
I haven't seen any silly posts in this thread, except the one above obviously. The guy asked a question and for a change got mostly informative answers.

Exactly what the forum is for I thought. "you won't being moved on by security" I believe the wording in the title is.

Wonder why my last post was deleted without explanation and yet the one by simonchowder remains - odd....