PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Recruitement & Holding Pool

Green Army
30th Jun 2010, 12:03
To all you aviators out there...anybody in the holding pool for Aer Lingus?? Did anybody get in contact with EI about future interviews/ dates?:cool:

Maybe you can PM me if you have been contacted as well so we can swap the latest gen on the questions for the 2010 interviews and the sim profile for this year?!?!?

THNX and Good luck!!:ok:

judge11
1st Jul 2010, 10:03
I recall reading recently that, as part of its attempt to return to profitibility, Aer Lingus was reducing its flight crew tally by 15%. If true, then I would very much doubt if there is any recruitment at all and the 'pool' was emptied a long time ago.

Of course, it is Aer Lingus so things may well have changed - again.

Callsign Kilo
1st Jul 2010, 15:27
Mmmm.....not so. A little birdie told me that the LGW base may need to be recharged.

MCDU2
10th Jul 2010, 10:26
If the current rosters that we are working to is any indication then we are currently under crewed and would need to recruit in the coming months. HOWEVER......

The CEO has just published his fleet plan showing a reduction in airframes of approximately 2-3 aircraft in each base for the winter so I suspect they will try and get by. There will be 1 less A330 in operation for the winter as I understand we lose some of the SNN to US services for a 3-4 month period.

Also we are currently in the midst of a significant voluntary severance scheme where at least 50 of the most senior pilots are leaving or have already gone. As a result there is a lot of seat shifting with senior A320 captains converting to the A330 and there is a pool of command checked f/o's ready to take the upgrade to the LHS on the A320. I understand there are legal implications for recruitment when you are letting people go.

There are rumours abound concerning the Washington base. The loss of the Dublin pilots to Washington has certainly placed pressure on our rosters. Currently there is 1 A330 based there. If you are in the happy clappy camp then the rumour is that loads are great and that UAL thinks the A330 is the best thing since sliced bread and wants to expand with a further 2 A330's flying reasonably thin routes that a 777 or 747 would be to big for. Whether it is crewed from DUB,ORK, BFS or LGW is anyones guess. Given that the T&S'c were so poor that only the most junior pilots bothered to bid in the first place then I am pretty sure that the company will have to either operate "W" patterns into Washington from somewhere like Dublin using existing A330 crews or else possibly get UAL pilots involved.

If your foot is in the downbeat camp then you will probably be thinking that UAL will be pulling the route altogether and the pilots will return to Dublin and probably go a long way to fixing our current crewing problems. Well until someone like BA or Virgin starts hiring in which case there might be a mass exodus of junior pilots who want a half decent roster and better pay and conditions.

Our CEO has said continually that returning to the West Coast is under continual review. Should this occur then there will be an instant requirement for at least 20 f/os for the 3rd pilot to satisfy FTL's. That will in turn free up seats on the A320 and hence put more pressure on the rostering.

So lots of ifs and buts. Remember of course that the last batch of recruitment into Aer Lingus was the transfer of ex SR Technics engineers into a newly set up company called Aer Lingus (Ireland) Limited. This meant that these workers were offered completely different T&C's to their co workers with the most significant difference being no final salary pension. Even if Aer Lingus were to recruit for low timers again into Ireland in the future then expect menial T&C's and a big stoush between the union and the company.