PDA

View Full Version : A330-200 Afm

mjs1976
30th Jun 2010, 10:38
Hi all,

For some time now I have been desperately trying to get hold of an Airbus A330-200 AFM (RR Trent 700 Engines) to conduct a detailed performance evaluation. I have asked several ex-colleagues and even approached Airbus directly - all to no avail!

I have all volumes of the FCOM and the FCTM but neither are suitable.

I know this is a very long shot, but its my last chance ditch attempt so I thought I'd ask the community whether anybody would be generous enough to email me the AFM?

PT6A
5th Jul 2010, 00:12
The data you seek and need is not contained in the AFM.

If you get the AFM it will refer you to the "PEP" you need to obtain the SCAP and then a program to run it.

The SCAP will run at about $9000 USD.

Airbus will not give you this unless you operate their aircraft.

PT6A

dispatchshmoe
5th Jul 2010, 10:23
What PT6A said

With nearly all current aircraft, instead of generating tons of charts that hardly ever get touched, manufacturers issue electronic AFMs. Plus, with electronic AFMs, the results are much more accurate...

There is still a paper AFM, which contains cert limitations, performance instructions, normal and abnormal procedures, but all of the performance data is in, for the airbus world, Airbus PEP (Performance Engineer Programs), and in the Boeing world, either BPS, or AFM-DPI.

IIRC, the last "full paper AFM" that Airbus issued was for the A310.

mjs1976
5th Jul 2010, 10:28
Although I've never used Airbus PEP, I'm surprised to hear that the PEP is the only soure of performance data made available by Airbus.

Surely Airbus (and all manufacturers) are obligated to provide a paper AFM since not every operator will have or want to use the PEP and in addition to which, unless the operator is totally paperlerss, the AFM is normally carried onboard the aircraft. Furthermore, the AFM provides a total and comprehensive source of certified performance data that includes all assumptions and limitations as guidance for operators when using such performance data.

Would appreciate any further enlightenment on this...

mjs1976
5th Jul 2010, 10:31
I submitted my reply at the same time as dispatchshmoe so didn't the reply.

Thank you all for clarifying.