PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex Deal

HongKongKiwi
30th Jun 2010, 02:33
Hi guys- I seem to recall from a while ago that we no longer get a Staff rate with Fedex? Is that still the case, and if so, are there any other options to send parcels cheaply, or is it a trip down the post office? Many thanks!

bushcat400
2nd Jul 2010, 05:01
Pretty sure that was terminated a while ago. Regular Post Office do good job.

AAIGUY
2nd Jul 2010, 06:55
DHL.. I think it's 25% off.. still 200 HKD to North America for legal size envelope.

nightdriver
2nd Jul 2010, 15:36
Never was terminated in my experience. I have used it several times since it was first brought up. Used it up until about 3 weeks ago. Works in HK and US (suspect it would be the case worldwide).

Subwoofer
2nd Jul 2010, 17:40
Nightdriver: What locations did you get the discount?

nightdriver
3rd Jul 2010, 11:30
The Admiralty location for sure. Think it is specifically Admiralty Centre (the building which houses HKU SPACE). Also used it at another location before too. But again I have used it at a few locations in the US as well. Show em your ID and they can look it up in the system. Haven't used it in HK since last year but FedEx is FedEx.

Mooseflyer
4th Jul 2010, 04:22
I was able to use it in December in the US.

Hellenic aviator
4th Jul 2010, 18:08
I tried using them at the Cargo Terminal (HKIA) and they refused, telling me that we had lost the agreement with them. That was about a month ago.

dhoonk
19th Jul 2010, 03:18
The Admiralty location for sure.

Tried the Admiralty office with staff ID a year ago to send stuff to Dallas. They said they no longer had a CX discount.

Also tried it in Canada less than a year ago. No go.

Dead Head
19th Jul 2010, 14:34
Used it last week in North America. No problem.

Saturn
20th Jul 2010, 00:22
The grapevine has it that Purple Nurple will have a deal forthcoming, it's called recruitment! Go have a look at their payscales. Oh and a lot more or hiring as well round da globe. I am deciding where I should go and maybe have fun and enjoy flying instead of it getting it sucked out of me like a lobotmy! Does anyone know of any other airline that has or needs handling sims?:ugh:

&&&
20th Jul 2010, 00:33
Purple what?
Does any airline do as much long haul as CX does? Does any airline give you more than the minimum requirement for sims? Does any airline rely on the crippled US economy?

Five Green
20th Jul 2010, 17:52
yes.......

Chingchung
8th Aug 2010, 03:23
can anyone tell me is their hub in Shenzhen a regional base or not?

skypine27
9th Aug 2010, 05:42
Sorry if we don't extened the shipping discount to CX. Sucks.

Rumor is FedEx is likely to hire pilots in early 2011. I give it some credibility.

Our SE Asia crew base is HKG, though the primary operating airport is Guangzhou. SZX is not a crew base or even much of a hub, just a layover.

Our HKG package sucks so badly, that out of 4800 pilots, they still, after 2 years of trying, can't get 60 guys to bid the right seat in HKG (currently 5 guys short)