PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar domestic LF down 7%

woody744
30th Jun 2010, 01:25
Latest may figures reveal that Jetstar domestic load factors have lost 7% compared to may last year. Even though ASKs have risen sharply, overall passenger numbers have decreased. Is this a result of VB or Tiger making inroads or people heading back to mainline?

Discuss...

plainmaker
30th Jun 2010, 02:22
:uhoh: Perhaps Capt K's 'rubbery figures' expose of a couple of months ago about the Jetstar numbers has brought about a conscience attack.:=

Reports to the relevant authorities may now be a bit more believable:D

Plainmaker

dizzylizzy
30th Jun 2010, 02:47
How long was the 767RR fleet renewed for?

rammel
30th Jun 2010, 03:04
I also heard a rumour that QF is looking at going back to OOL ex SYD and MEL, and also LST ex SYD and MEL.

rmcdonal
30th Jun 2010, 03:35
QLink already do LST ex MEL.

Sunstar320
30th Jun 2010, 08:44
J* also grounded over 7 A320's during May. Just imagine if they ran a normal schedule, 50% LF's would go down well.

Is this a result of VB or Tiger making inroads or people heading back to mainline?
Its purely a result of Tiger being 50% bigger than last year and way too much capacity in the market in such a dead period, especially Gold Coast which had a going rate of 70pax for most flights.

who_cares
30th Jun 2010, 08:54
Looks like mainline will inherit the 4 classics from Jetconnect

Angle of Attack
30th Jun 2010, 10:42
From January next year new 800's with IFE systems are being delivered to replace the classics. But I have heard the Classics retirement is being deferred, they need more airframes and the flying is building fast!

PPRuNeUser0198
30th Jun 2010, 10:44
May is usually soft.

The market is relatively saturated with capacity. Due to GFC, LCC's enjoyed greater then normal patronage as price drove consumer choice.

As the economy is rebounding, full-service traffic is returning. Premium traffic is also returning quickly and levels are already pre GFC for Qantas. This will in-turn soften LCC demand and with the market over-capacity, naturally SF will weaken...

Tiger and Virgin will also be feeling the pressure. Considering Virgin reduced their profit forecast twice, it's obvious the financial impact we're already seeing...

Good to see Qantas however maintaining their forecast...

ymlt2
30th Jun 2010, 13:31
Jetstars loads are certainly down (not helped when they swap & change the schedule around every month and drop flights) But then VB's loads are down a bit to, lots of 700's coming in lately.

I also heard a rumour that QF is looking at going back to OOL ex SYD and MEL, and also LST ex SYD and MEL. I would be very surprised if QF mainline were to come back here, the LST - MEL route seems to be serviced reasonably well by the Dash 8.

Bula
30th Jun 2010, 21:12
There has been softening of the leisure market more then usual around this time of year, hence VBs profit downgrades.... I wouldn't get to excited.

Keg
1st Jul 2010, 00:51
I also heard a rumour that QF is looking at going back to OOL ex SYD and MEL, and also LST ex SYD and MEL.

Also been hearing the same thing. The reason being proffered is that with DJ introducing a 'proper' J class in the short to medium term, QF will need to offer a premium product into OOL where we don't currently.

I agree that load factors have been great recently although it is the beginning of school holidays around the place so perhaps that has a bit to do with it.

Velikiye Luki
1st Jul 2010, 07:59

Come on, where on earth are you getting that idea from?

MyerFlyer
1st Jul 2010, 10:47
Hi,

Guys lets not get carried away!

Virgin Blue also reported lower load factors for the same period:

Virgin Blue’s domestic load factors fall in May | Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation - CAPA (http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/2010/07/01/virgin-blues-domestic-load-factors-fall-in-may/page1)

However it seems QF and JQ are adding more capacity than both Virgin and Tiger.

I wonder what Virgins current market share is?

Cheers