PDA

View Full Version : Dispatcher's Course

Cyclone7
29th Jun 2010, 19:25
I have been asked by an Angolan where he could attend a Helicopter Flight Dispatcher's course, specifically geared for the offshore market. His English is reasonable.
Any idea's or input out there ?

desertopsguy
30th Jun 2010, 09:31
I'd be quite surprised if such a course existed, at least in the civilian world. I've never heard of helicopters needing to be dispatched although with some of the extreme weather that they encounter during offshore operations I suppose it would be a plausible idea.

If a company had their own chopper op they would probably do the training in-house.

As far as I'm aware there are no legal requirements for choppers to be dispatched by a licenced dispatcher and having been at a chopper outfit a good many years ago I can tell you that the pilots there did all their own planning.

If he already has a flight dispatcher licence then he might approach either the chopper manufacturer or a recognised type rating facility and enquire about any ground school courses that might be available.

Also try posting in the 'Rotorhead' forum, I'm sure there is someone there who is better placed to answer your question.

All the best.

tango747
5th Jul 2010, 20:20
hey guys

I am a cpl holder and will finish my ATPL exams ,and i want to do airline ops and dispatcher course I heard AVTEC2000 is good, can you guys please advice me the right school in the uk {distance course} .and also how are the exams level ,can it be passed by just doing the question banks,,and if so which are they

will be really thankful if you guys could help

tango747

crep
21st Jul 2010, 18:49
hello,
i am interested in dispatcher course. does anyone know a course anywhere in the Uk apart from Avtech?
thanks..

hoteloscarfox
6th Aug 2010, 07:47
Hi
I do not know anyything about dispatcher courses in the UK, but JAA offers dispatcher courses in the Netherlands https://jaato.com/courses/129/
brgds, hof

sherlyn
14th Aug 2010, 15:18
hi everyone,
can somebody tell me whether FAA dispatcher licence is recognised in all countries and suggest me somegood schools offering dispatcher training in US,also do dispatchers have low job opportunities? please be kind enough to inform me as soon as possible. thank you!

iam_srajesh
24th Aug 2010, 06:06
in US sheffield, florida is best.. you need to put extra hard work to study and get license. also start preparing for the FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Knowledge Test online test before reaching US so that if you finish this exam within 2 weeks of course commencement, you can concentrate more on your dispatcher syllabus..otherwise if you delay your online exam, you cannot concentrate on regular class..:=

renegade84
25th Aug 2010, 10:23
I've made good experiences with the "ASISTIM Academy" (ASISTIM - Airline Services (http://www.asistim.com)) located in Germany. They also offer on-site training.

Brgds, renegade84

Vasconav
25th Aug 2010, 17:09
Hello tango747

Re yr query re Ops-Dispatch courses

Currently AVTECH2000 seems the best option

However cannot agree that all exam sections can be past using only the question books/exam papers without some prior tuition. Your CPL/ATPL theory learning will certainly help with the Nav/WX/Perf Q's certainly.

Suggest look at AVTECH2000 website and if any questions contact them or send me an email

Best regards

Vincent Oliver email [email protected]

Polaris Aviation Training Consultancy (including FAA Flight Dispatch Licence holder with 36 years Ops-Dispatch working and instructing)
dispatch working and training

PIA
20th Sep 2010, 22:37
I am planning to go to dallas to AFDTC college in Nov for FAA DISPATCH license course, any idea is it worth to do this time, and the AFDTC college in dallas is good place to da a course, and as i have a 3 years experience in as a LOAD CONTROLLER, will this FAA Dispatch course and my LOAD CONTROL experience will help me to get a new job in europe or in middle east or far east asia.......Thankshttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

desertopsguy
21st Sep 2010, 19:59
Am not so sure the Avtech route is the best one to take unless it will result in a licence and last time I looked (long time ago admittedly), it did not.

What you got for your efforts was a City & Guilds certificate. Now with that Certificate you can use (or at least could use) it as credit hours towards the FAA flight dispatcher course and do the shorter one thereby saving some time and some money, however, if you have neither then going straight for the FAA makes absolute sense.

Have Avtech updated their course recently? Removed all references and photos of 60's vintage aircraft?

All the best.

boredcounter
22nd Sep 2010, 00:28
'Am not so sure the Avtech route is the best one to take unless it will result in a licence and last time I looked (long time ago admittedly), it did not.'

No, still does not lead to a licence in the UK, where I guess we will never be licenced, push the pay up too high if we were. It still only gives you the C&G certificate. That said, Airlines had started asking for it at job advert stage as 'a prefered'. At least it proves a basic understanding of day-to-day issues. (As they also offered the same to the unrecognised FAA)

'Have Avtech updated their course recently? Removed all references and photos of 60's vintage aircraft?'

No, I think I can just remember pics of the old Viscount in there, ahhh real aeroplanes ;-) Then again, my FAA was also based on the B727-200 at Sheffield, Given the new fangled, overpowered modern aircraft, perhaps the oldies serve a better example in certain areas, ie performance. Just a punt.

PIA

You do not say were you are a Load Controller. Your profile indicates you are in Europe. Are you with an Airline, or a Handling Agent?

Best regards to all,

Bored

MarkerInbound
22nd Sep 2010, 01:46
While Sheffield's web page still shows modules on 727 systems and W&B, the FAA practical test has moved to the 737.

boredcounter
22nd Sep 2010, 02:44
Is it the -800?

PIA
24th Sep 2010, 06:40
Hi Boredcounter,

Thanks For Your Reply,i Am A Load Controller In Dublin With Handling Agency,but Just Need To Know Is It Worth To Do Faa Dispatch Course, What About Job Oppertunities ?????

Sprogston Green
26th Sep 2010, 07:50
I appreciate Avtech is not the perfect option, however it suits me as I don't have the time and money to do anything more comprehensive. As long as it gives me a basic introduction into the field and is something to bang on my CV that will do me.

The only comment that concerns me is that the course material is not sufficient to pass some of the modules. Did anybody else find this to be the case?

I would appreciate any PMs regarding the matter. I just want to ensure I am fully prepared.

Thanks

SG

boredcounter
27th Sep 2010, 08:44
Just to ask, hope you don't mind. Have you ever considered trying for Handling Agent Ops? It might give you an idea, albeit 'from the other side' what Airline Ops is all about. Just a possibe half way house given your employment.

Bored

desertopsguy
28th Sep 2010, 06:26
PIA, you have a PM.