PDA

View Full Version : AAA Chief Pilot

FRQ Charlie Bravo
29th Jun 2010, 13:39
For four and a half years now I've noticed this job come up on a very very regular basis. Is it a terrible job? Difficult place to live? Unworkable conditions?

I have been to Jabiru and it certainly seems like a nice enough place.

It would almost seem like they could sponsor some PPL to finish a CPL and bond her/him to a job long enough to progress to CP and stick around for a decent amount of time... better yet pay enough money to not have to change CP's almost as often as undies.

Not judgemental just perplexed,

FRQ CB

propblast
29th Jun 2010, 14:55
Shortly we will be adding Multi engine aircraft to our AOC, so require someone with minimum 1000 hours Total Time (incl 200 Multi)

Is this the same multi-engine aircraft that has been promised to pilots for the last 4 years also. :ugh:

What is it this time? Baron, C310, PA31, King Air:}

gettin' there
30th Jun 2010, 08:44
Carrot anyone? "Whack"

el_capitano
30th Jun 2010, 13:05
Maybe its a PA-60 Aerostar.........Also why would you take on the role of CP for $45k, part time workers at the golden arches earn the same amount to flip a burger. Wake up AAA stop dangling apples.:=

Question to AAA: why is it that a twin engine a/c that you haven taken delivery of has been parked at DRW since January, and now it is July, and only now are you in the process of adding multi engine a/c to your AoC. Does it take 6 months to complete such a process?? I understand that there may be commercial considerations to this, but if you were adding a new a/c to the AoC wouldnt you be doing that sooner rather than latter, and thus not have to advertise that you are in the process of doing so whilst looking for a CP.

Sounds like you are trying to use the twin engine allure to win people over and avoid paying a CP a salary that reflects what other CP's make that operate twin a/c.

Ejector
1st Jul 2010, 08:19
Why doesn't the owner be the CP?

Cessna 180
1st Jul 2010, 09:39
Think the owner is still Chief, or at least he was in March.

Same old story, pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

Perhaps we are all monkeys for accepting the conditions in GA

2nd Jul 2010, 03:03
Does it take 6 months to complete such a process??

I have seen some take longer

Baldnfat
2nd Jul 2010, 03:10
Anyone else think that if you have to advertise for flight crew at all in Aus/NZ then you are possibly better off shutting the doors?

Horatio Leafblower
2nd Jul 2010, 05:13
People willing and able to be Chief Pilot of a GA operation don't grow on trees. People suitable to be CP are even harder to find.
I think it's perfectly legit to advertise for a CP.

HOWEVER if you are offering $45k to be CP, with all the responsibility that entails, you will be advertising for a loooong time :rolleyes:

If you are suitable to be a CP and you put your nuts on the block for the owner, you are worth minimum $55-60k (and you will get it elsewhere). If the business won't sustain that, it simply isn't viable.

Baldnfat
2nd Jul 2010, 08:48
55 - 60 k to take on the cp role in Jabiru.

You would never buy a house up there on that.

qtn
6th Jul 2010, 08:59
HOWEVER if you are offering $45k to be CP, with all the responsibility that entails, you will be advertising for a loooong time

Still, more than one pilot will apply :ugh: