PDA

View Full Version : Tech and Ops manuals disposal?

Cornish Jack
29th Jun 2010, 13:16
Maybe not the correct forum but move, if so, please.
I am about to get rid of a considerable quantity of Tristar, 747-200 and 747-400 Tech and Ops manuals plus associated material. I have offered them to Brooklands, Duxford and the Science Museum with, so far, no interest. Security dictates that their disposal would need some care so can anyone suggest other possible recipients? If none, they will be shredded, which would seem to be a shame. They are some years unamended but still contain relevant information. We are, by the way, talking HEAVY weights!!
All suggestions gratefully received.
TIA

virgo
29th Jun 2010, 17:40
Sell 'em a chapter at a time as a cure for insomnia !

(I s'pose you haven't got copies of the Shackleton OD manual or Maritime Ops in your attic ???)

Jhieminga
29th Jun 2010, 17:50
You might try a technical university with an aeronautical course. They might like to use it as study material. We've already got enough B747 material at my workplace.

Cornish Jack
29th Jun 2010, 20:39
Sorry Virgo - no Shacklebomber but I do have my Course notes for the mighty Bev - all in faded Roneotype!!:p

dusk2dawn
30th Jun 2010, 08:13
A 767 Aircraft Systems Manual by any chance?

Cornish Jack
30th Jun 2010, 22:13
d2d - Sorry, afraid not!

Exaviator
30th Jun 2010, 23:46
I went through this exercise just recently. Moving house dictated a general clean out and as a result some fifteen sets of aircraft flight manuals, instructor and CRM manuals, plus a whole library of various aviation books, were all donated to the local aero-club. A lifetime of aviation passed on to the next generation of budding aviators. :ok:

LAS1997
1st Jul 2010, 13:31
You could try to sell them on ebay or at the Heathrow Enthusiasts Fair, next event I think around November / December later this year at Kempton Race course. There are lots of enthusiasts looking for manuals; they tend to use them on flight simulators (home PC's). The other thought is Aces High at Dunsfold; they own an ex-British airways 747-236; so I guess the manuals may be of use to them? Aces High hire it out to film units, etc.

Cornish Jack
1st Jul 2010, 18:05
Thank you Exaviator and LAS1997. Some possibilities there - excluding selling them.

EGGP
2nd Jul 2010, 12:31
Have you tried the other large museums like East Fortune and Newark etc?