PDA

View Full Version : Apache over Horsham

FREDA
29th Jun 2010, 12:51
No, not a low budget movie, but literally 5 mins ago a pig ugly helicopter :} (On its own) wandered over my house in Horsham, West Sussex which sits inside the Gatwick zone. Just being nosey as to what its doing round these parts!

Cheers :ok:

rogerk
29th Jun 2010, 13:25
Oh dear that would be our Prince Harry then.
He has just started Apache training at Wattisam in Suffolk.
If it comes over again give him a wave and point to the general direction of Suffolk !!
:ok::ok:

dillboy
29th Jun 2010, 14:12
Yup, had it hovering briefly at no more than 200 - 300 feet over my house near Gatwick's runway. Took a few pics if anyone is interested. Does anyone know which one the pilot is - front or back seat?

neildo
29th Jun 2010, 15:11
Pilot to the rear, wouldn't mind seeing the pics!

Sloppy Link
29th Jun 2010, 16:23
Both are pilots and have a full set of flying controls. By convention the rear seat flies and the front seat does the weapons as he has control of the optical sights. I'm sure that Harry is in SA watching the footy at the moment so don't get too excited.

Thelma Viaduct
29th Jun 2010, 17:14
Might have been on exercise looking for bearded fellas carrying tubes and what not. :ok:

SilsoeSid
29th Jun 2010, 17:49
Probably meant to be at Horsell common awaiting the arrival of the Martians.
;)

007helicopter
29th Jun 2010, 18:02
FWIW 2 Apaches did 3 circuits at EGTO Rochester last Friday while I was doing power checks, I assume they were somthing to do with the Biggin Airshow.

Alber Ratman
29th Jun 2010, 18:09
Like the Euro Futile and the Leaping Heap that buzzed SEN.:E

Always a Sapper
29th Jun 2010, 18:22
Ssssh.... tis on loan to the local plod, upping the anti on the car thieving chavs 'n' pikies round there :eek:

jedigtr
29th Jun 2010, 20:42
No, not a low budget movie, but literally 5 mins ago a pig ugly helicopter (On its own) wandered over my house in Horsham, West Sussex which sits inside the Gatwick zone. Just being nosey as to what its doing round these parts!

Cheers

I guess that was what I heard at about that time and I am also in Horsham, so thanks for letting me know what it was :ok:

mmitch
30th Jun 2010, 15:08
A Apache sometimes circles the housing estate near me. Talking to a Met police air support pilot at Biggin at the weekend he reckoned they must have passed the job onto the Army.:eek:
mmitch.