PDA

View Full Version : Bmibaby recruited 2010?

Harby
29th Jun 2010, 00:37
I came across an article dated May 2010 stating that bmibaby have just recruited almost 40 cabin crew for EMA. Here is that article: (hope links are ok?)

Cabin crew recruits to join airline | Leicester Mercury | Find Articles at BNET (http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/leicester-mercury/mi_8142/is_20100512/cabin-crew-recruits-join-airline/ai_n53563427/?tag=content;col1)

This story is also on bmibaby's own website under 2010 news. Now, as a former crew member for bmibaby, having been made redundant in 2009, I feel a little disgruntled that I knew nothing about this. Looking through the forums here, and elswhere, it appears no one else knew anything about it either. I'm baffled as to how an airline recruiting for cabin crew would get no mention on this or other forums? Does anyone have any info on this?

Many thanks in advance for any replies :)

ANstar
29th Jun 2010, 06:43
They recruited them on temporary summer only contracts - at least that was what was posted on cabincrew.com

MissTheo
30th Jun 2010, 10:29
Yeah it's funny that isn't it? Crew get made redundant then the company takes on new crew. Exactly the same thing is happening right now at Virgin Atlantic. They had compulsory redundancies last summer then all of a sudden they are offering start dates to new crew and interviews to all those that got put on hold last year. They haven't bothered asking the redundant crew back. I wouldn't bother holding out any hope for getting your job back. That's how the airline industry works. I also find it baffling that British airways haven't done the same?

Harby
30th Jun 2010, 15:36
Thanks for your replies. Yes I find it very strange that the redundant crew weren't asked back, particularly after two sets of redundancies, both at the beginning and end of 2009, there were alot of very good crew members that lost their jobs. Maybe some of them were asked back? I dont know, all I know is I wasn't lol

Things seem so be improving at baby tho, with some new routes and a new uniform, so hopefully they will recruit again in the future. Looks like I may have to go through the application process from the beginning if they do recruit again however.

Cyber Bob
14th Jul 2010, 12:00
Miss Theo wrote: "They haven't bothered asking the redundant crew back".

and why would they?

easy6826
14th Jul 2010, 16:09
I got made redundant from easyjet in January from EMA and to be honest I would not give them the oppurtunity to re-employ me as after how we were treated I prefer to offer my skills else where.

TightSlot
15th Jul 2010, 05:34
Off you go then - the world is waiting!