PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air Pilot QOL

Flaps45
28th Jun 2010, 23:16
Does anyone know what the pay and schedules are like at Wizz?

Thank you.

Wizzaird
29th Jun 2010, 09:56
Hi Flaps45, roster for expats is generally 6 on 4 off but there are a few variants available but not guaranteed. I'll let someone else tackle salary questions, I don't have enough info. BTW I notice your location, you will need a JAR FCL for Wizz. Cheers.

SloppyJoe
29th Jun 2010, 21:52
Not sure how up to date this is but ppjn (http://www.ppjn.com) has the FO pay as 20,000 euros a year base and top as 25,000 euros a year. Once you are a top paid captain you can expect to be paid just over 50,000 euros a year. I would stay in the US if I was you.

This industry really is becoming a joke as someone previously said that the pay for a pilot on an A320 is above the average income for eastern European countries. So it f:mad:g should be.

stansdead
29th Jun 2010, 23:17
Fun and dynamic place to work?? Hardly.

Pay. Awful for our industry. And getting worse. PPJN seems like a dream for new hires....

QOL. Poor in all fairness. Loads of roster changes. Only get advised by the rostering system online now. You can't even expect a phone call for certain.

It does vary base by base as to if any fun can be had. Where I am is like a fun vacuum sucking any hope of a decent laugh away from the entire place. It's dire.

Aircraft are generally very, or quite new. Maintenance is surprisingly pretty good considering the amount of flying they have to do.

There will be an exodus of anyone (particularly Captains) who isn't from the former Warsaw Pact countries as soon as things pick up.

As someone said, Ops are helpful, but constantly fire fighting.

The winter ahead looks long and hard.:sad:

ba038
30th Jun 2010, 00:58
stansdead - why did you leave Virgin for Wizz.?

I know that command was a long way.But isnt virgin one of the best employers out there that many pilots aspire to work for.

Aussie
1st Jul 2010, 10:00
Mate, you left Virgin for WIZZ? :eek::eek::eek::sad:

stansdead
1st Jul 2010, 10:37
Aussie!!

In a redundancy scenario at Virgin, so several of us did!!! All Captains now instead of FO's though.

Long term it'll be a very wise move. Short term, it hurts a little!!

acepilotmurdock
1st Jul 2010, 18:21
Hi Stan....Any more news on Wizz hiring any Non TR low houred pilots with out being eastern European?
:ok:

stansdead
2nd Jul 2010, 05:28
I'm afraid I'm not your man in recruitment Ace.

But, I think it's extremely unlikely that we will take any low hour non TR guys any time soon.

This winter looks a little tough for us and everyone else.

Now, if you were a type rated Captain......

captplaystation
4th Jul 2010, 10:47
stansdead,

bit of a change of perspective on your part, all your earlier postings have been very positive about driving the flying tampon in the East, Que Pasa?

BTW, I recently met someone who worked as a self employed management consultant for Wizz, his opinion was that they made Ryanair seem like angels,where pushing the boundaries of low-cost were concerned, I thought he was talking cr@p, it seems maybe he wasn,t ? :eek: