PDA

View Full Version : What If Israel Attacks Iran?

sheikmyarse
28th Jun 2010, 00:51
Better places to be than Dubai....

Fubaliera
28th Jun 2010, 02:28
what are you talking about

a345xxx
28th Jun 2010, 02:32
? Please enlighten us......

loc22550
28th Jun 2010, 03:39
Sheykmyarse: turn your Paranoia switch in dim mode.:hmm:

Orangewing
28th Jun 2010, 04:27
Possibly something to do with Iran potentially having nuclear capabilities by 2012? Not something the Israelis would be terribly chuffed about I'm sure.....:E

Wizofoz
28th Jun 2010, 05:39
Sheiky,

Often asked, never answered (which is probably an answer in itself...):-

Were you fired by EK?

Wings Of Fury
28th Jun 2010, 06:00
so your saying Iran is a better place!? ;)

Sal-e
28th Jun 2010, 06:51
Gulf Daily News » Local News » ISRAEL 'PLOTS TEHRAN RAID' (http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/ArchiveNewsDetails.aspx?date=06/26/2010&storyid=281041)

Maybe this might have something to do with it. Mind you, it's from the GDN.

sheikmyarse
28th Jun 2010, 14:08
Looks like all the time I post something I have to be someone that has been fired or something like that. I was not I hope this satisfies your curiosity.
Concerning the news of a possible attack of Iran form Israel is on all newspaper and news. Apparently Saudi have authorized a corridor for Israeli aircraft to cross the peninsula and there are more than speculation that a Israeli temporary air force base has been authorized within Saudi borders. The chief of CIA stated that Iran is two years away form being able to deploy a couple of nukes.
Israel will not watch. Dubai unfortunately is a little close to Iran and seen the cooperation of the Arab world only Allah knows what is going to happen.. if it is going to happen. If you just want to keep your eyes shut and keep believing that you have the the best job in the best and safest place in the world..up to you. Your managers count on that...

Sheik

411A
28th Jun 2010, 14:35
One wonders...would this be the very same IAF who delivered live porkers onto the runway at Tabuk in Saudi from IAF C130's in the mid-eighties...and who caught the Saudi's napping with their radar OFF on Friday...?:rolleyes:

Mr Good Cat
28th Jun 2010, 14:42
Looks like all the time I post something I have to be someone that has been fired or something like that. I was not I hope this satisfies your curiosity.
Concerning the news of a possible attack of Iran form Israel is on all newspaper and news. Apparently Saudi have authorized a corridor for Israeli aircraft to cross the peninsula and there are more than speculation that a Israeli temporary air force base has been authorized within Saudi borders. The chief of CIA stated that Iran is two years away form being able to deploy a couple of nukes.

This news is about 2 years old though. Nothing new here.

And everyone who works here in Dubai knows the proximity to Iran. Is this a problem for Dubai..? That's debatable as most targets in Iran are not on the south coast... of course there's a risk and everyone knows that. Again nothing new.

If you just want to keep your eyes shut and keep believing that you have the the best job in the best and safest place in the world..up to you. Your managers count on that...

Nobody I know in Dubai considers this to be the safest job in the world, or the best. It's just YOU saying they do.

What do you want? Someone to agree with you just to give you a rise and feel you made some friends...? If you are so much better off with your life since you left why spend all your time on an internet forum spouting vitriol. We know there are problems in this job - we work here.

Maybe you need to grow up a little or quit the sauce...?:=

Sataybox
28th Jun 2010, 14:43
The papers will write anything. Here's another side of the Saudi story:

Saudi Arabia Denies Flight Deal Against Iran (http://gulfnews.com/news/region/iran/gulf-states-not-to-back-attack-against-iran-1.640331)

Of course they're ALL liars around here. We'll find out soon if it's true or not.

But you're right to be aware of it, Shake. Anyone who thinks this place is "normal" with "normal" international relations has his head up his arse.

Let's hope when it does happen we're away on a trip. Send for the wife later on when the dust has settled (or find a new one).

As for pigs being dropped in SA, that's an amusing urban myth but nothing more.

doubleu-anker
28th Jun 2010, 14:48
Well let's put it this way. If the US doesn't clobber Iran over their bomb making, the Israelis certainly will. They will have too.

The EU will dither and argue amongst themselves, until the year 2020 at least, so forget about any constructive input there.. In fact there is "a five porkers chance in KSA (hell)" of them ever doing anything!

Fromagio
29th Jun 2010, 07:26
Israel wont attack Iran, they're not strong enough militarily. The most likely scenario would be an Israeli strike against Iran knowing that the US would then have to join the fray in order to protect Israel. They don't have what it would take to fight a nation of fanatics. If this does happen then not only the Mid East but Europe and the US will all be dangerous places to live.
Regime change through popular revolt is the most likely way it will go hence the sanctions.
By the way, Iran is a VERY long way from developing weapons grade uranium. Don't believe the hype!! Remember Saddams WMD's???? As the George W Bush once said: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!!"

Sataybox
29th Jun 2010, 08:02
Well I remember W tried to say that once but had a little difficulty with the tricky part at the end.

eKgPY1adc0A&

Wizofoz
29th Jun 2010, 08:04
Satay,

Beat me to it!!

Fromagio
29th Jun 2010, 08:34
Absolute class.
Believe it or not he now makes money from public speaking(after dinner speeches).........or is it as a stand up comedian - not quite sure!!!!

a345xxx
29th Jun 2010, 08:42
God help us ALL if someone decides to behave foolishly!

johnnyramjet
29th Jun 2010, 17:17
Conversation overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Europe to Dubai . It's too good not to pass along..

The conversation went like this...
Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Air Defense Radar: (no response .... total silence)

:ok:

THR MCT
30th Jun 2010, 12:49
here comes Rambo again an F18 alone in the Iranian airspace scares the all Iranian air defence well well ---:rolleyes: in Hollywood or Universal studio probably." alone against all " I know it is a Rumor forum but spare me the crab.

Deleted the xenophobic rant!

911 idiots already cost me a job so let not do the same mistakes again I'm a peacefull man and I don't like bombs specially so close to my Family and loved onces

Wake up people use comon sense

fly high and fast

The Zohan
30th Jun 2010, 13:20
but spare me the crab.

Why? You don't like crab? Crab is good for you...

tz

2000GT
30th Jun 2010, 20:56
Be very familiar with the prevailing upper level winds, just in case. It may influence your decisions.

EY763ER
2nd Jul 2010, 10:29
YouTube - No War for Israel in Iran - Keep Americans Safe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxzZY4JycY)

May i suggest you all to watch this video before you continue to have your ideologies brain washed by the media. this video gives another perspective on the aims behind this propogated war........as pilots we travel the world and it is important to have an unbiased view......so, whether you agree or disagree with this 'planned war' take a few minutes to have a look at another perspective!

kind regards...

Ace Springbok
2nd Jul 2010, 10:56
Then World War 3 starts, the four horsemen of Amageddon ride into the sandpit and the "Lord " keeps everybody, everything in the world in his grip.:{:{:{

No_Speed_Restriction
2nd Jul 2010, 13:34
Whichever you look at it, VAT will still rise to 20%

cadidalhopper
2nd Jul 2010, 13:42
EY763ER

You can't be serious?? You do know who Dr. David Duke is right??

Captain Partzee
2nd Jul 2010, 14:51
"What If Israel Attacks Iran?"
We are jobless! :}

Jetjock330
2nd Jul 2010, 14:56
Then I guess we will not route via position MIDSI:}

EY763ER
2nd Jul 2010, 22:07
attn: cadidalhopper

yes, david dukes information is available on the internet.
now, my concern is not who he is or what he supports...the video is simply informative and gives another view point....thats all...

jackx123
5th Jul 2010, 06:28
seems that anything is possible having seen the video

Wizofoz
5th Jul 2010, 06:33
the video is simply informative and gives another view point

EY76,

For commentary to be "Informative" it must contain "Information".

This does no such thing.

"Dr" Dukes (former Grand Wizard of the "KKK") does nothing here but spout MISinformation ("America went to war with Iraq because of the Zionists!!"), zenophobia and extreme anti semitism dressed up as anti Zionism.

I have issues with a lot of what Israel does, but to try and flatter this type of extremist tripe with the handle "Informative" is like calling Taliban ideology "Enlightened".

Earl
6th Jul 2010, 12:13
FOXNews.com - Most Iran Air jets banned from Europe, restrictions eased on Indonesian carriers (http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/06/iran-air-jets-banned-europe-restrictions-eased-indonesian-carriers/)
Most Iran Air jets banned from Europe, restrictions eased on Indonesian carriers

BRUSSELS

BRUSSELS (AP) — The EU has banned most of Iran Air's jet jets from flying to Europe due to safety concerns.

Spokeswoman Helen Kearns says the airline's Boeing 727s and 747s, along with its Airbus 320s, have been placed on the EU blacklist effective Tuesday following a safety audit.

Kearns denied that the move, which affects two-thirds of Iran Air's fleet, had anything to do with international sanctions against the Islamic republic over its nuclear program.

Kearns also said two more Indonesian carriers, Metro Batavia and Indonesia Air Asia, have been removed from the latest list of banned airlines.

The blacklist, which is updated regularly, includes 278 companies — mostly from African and Asian nations.

Earl
6th Jul 2010, 12:15
Iran says planes denied fuel due to sanctions - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100705/ts_nm/us_iran_sanctions_3)
Iran says planes denied fuel due to sanctions
TEHRAN (Reuters) – Iran complained on Monday that its planes had been denied fuel in Germany, Britain and the United Arab Emirates, and Washington said commercial firms were making the "right choices" by cutting business ties with Tehran.

Pressure is mounting on Iran over its nuclear program and the United States has stepped up its push to isolate Tehran economically. On Thursday, President Barack Obama signed into law far-reaching sanctions that aim to squeeze the Islamic Republic's fuel imports and deepen its international isolation.

"Since last week, our planes have been refused fuel at airports in Britain, Germany and UAE because of the sanctions imposed by America," Mehdi Aliyari, secretary of the Iranian Airlines Union, told Iran's ISNA news agency. So far national carrier Iran Air and Mahan Airlines had been affected, he said.

Sources in the Middle East and Europe said that if flights were indeed denied fuel, it would be a decision by private firms attempting to comply with a new U.S. sanctions law, rather than a ban imposed by the countries where the planes landed.

"The costs of doing business with Iran, a country that is shirking its international obligations across the board and engaged in illicit activity, are rising," a senior Obama administration official said on Monday.

"The international commercial sector is making the right choices. It's now time for Iran to make the right choice -- to fulfill its international obligations -- that remains our primary objective," the official said.

A source in the UAE familiar with the issue said a private firm had refused to refuel an Iranian plane there, but the UAE had imposed no ban of its own.

"The UAE has nothing to do with it," the source said. "They (Iranian planes) are more than welcome." The source added: "It is just one company and there are other companies. There are other service providers and Iranians can seek deals with them."

A British government source said halting supplies would be a commercial decision by private firms, but Britain was not aware of any such incident there. The German Transport Ministry said there was no ban on refueling Iranian flights in Germany.

TIGHTENING FINANCIAL RULES

Western powers believe Iran is trying to build bombs under cover of a civilian nuclear program. Tehran says the program is only for electricity generation and medical purposes.

Sanctions appear to be having an impact. Over the past weeks a number of countries and firms have cut back on imports of Iranian crude oil. Other companies have stopped providing Iran with refined petroleum.

The UAE took steps last week to tighten its crucial role as a trading and financial lifeline for Iran. The UAE Central Bank asked financial institutions to freeze the accounts of 40 entities and an individual blacklisted by the United Nations for assisting Iran's nuclear or missile programs.

The U.S. measures go far beyond U.N. sanctions imposed last month, by targeting firms that sell refined oil products such as gasoline to Iran, which despite being a major crude exporter imports oil products because of a lack of refining capacity.

However, Gala Riani at IHS Global Insight said preventing the fuelling of Iranian flights seemed a "very strict reading" of the new U.S. law, which is more directed at trade in fuel.

U.S. officials have not made clear whether they believe the new law bars firms from refueling Iranian aircraft.

A spokeswoman for Abu Dhabi Airports Co (ADAC) in the UAE capital said: "We have contracts with Iranian passenger flights and continue to allow refueling."

Fuel traders from three different international firms said they had heard of no ban on jet fuel sales to Iranian aircraft at UAE airports. Said one trader: "You can't allow a plane to land and then not let it buy fuel."

EXEZY
15th Jul 2010, 06:12
Iran is no threat. The biggest threat is Israel, why should they be immune from the IAEA, whilst Iran has to suffer? Iran recently agreed with Turkey and Brazil a swap deal in which they exchanged high grade for low grade Uranium, Obama even recognised this but the UN continued with sanctions anyway.
This is all very reminiscent of Iraq in 2003, remember the lies of WMD? I guarantee a media propaganda blitz will be carried out on Iran very shortly. Don't buy the lies you read in the media for heavens sake.

EXEZY
15th Jul 2010, 09:13
Top Clinton Official: Only A Terror Attack Can Save Obama (http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/july2010/071410_save_obama.htm)

Look out for a false flag terror attack coming our way. It ain't a conspiracy theory its conspiracy fact.

Cloud Bunny
15th Jul 2010, 09:38
Never mind all that, I've just heard the Dutch are about to invade Holland!! We're all doomed!!

EXEZY
15th Jul 2010, 10:00
It's that sort of reply I expected on this forum. Head in the sand literally.