PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Technical Services Engineer

ted9819
27th Jun 2010, 11:22
Hi,

I've seen this Emirates Technical Services Engineering ad on flightglobal.

"http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/job/technical-services-engineers-various-positions-dubai-dubai-1400842843.htm"

I am trying to find out more information about the job and Emirates.

"A total of 8 years experience of which 5 years in a Technical Services function and at least 3 years on Emirates type fleet."

I'm an engineer but not a licensed engineer, I am working for P&W and only have 4 years of work experience. Would it be a problem to have less work experience than required for the job? Would they consider my application or would it be rejected straightaway without any consideration?

I am also looking for info regarding pay scales, benefits and general working conditions in the engineering department;

What are the working hours for this department (i.e. Technical Services)?
What is the minimum pay considering that the job requires 8 years of work experience?
Other benefits?

Any information would be appreciated.

Sonic Bam
27th Jun 2010, 13:53
Honestly mate, why don't you ask Emirates directly? Apply for the job and see what happens.

ted9819
27th Jun 2010, 13:55
I can but I prefer to learn from the people who work for Emirates.

Emirates HR will only say good things.

ted9819
27th Jun 2010, 19:41
Thanks for the reply, are you working for Emirates?
Or are you assuming that they will be too strict with their criteria?

Bus429
28th Jun 2010, 06:54
Would you really want to go to work there?

MATMAX
28th Jun 2010, 17:37
ted,
"Emirates HR will only say good things" , absolutely true ! if you are joining , you won't believe how deep you have been sc...d , wow i have to be careful not to be rude ...
the only good thing will be , air cond ...
anyway , if you are ready to suffer , apply and you will see...
inshah allah asmah !

ted9819
29th Jun 2010, 17:25
Hi Matmax,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you be more specific? How bad they are? What do they actually do? So the engineers in Emirates are not happy at all?

Their offer package looks promising but without knowing the working conditions and the detail of their package it is not possible to understand whether they are a good employee or not.

Can you please provide more info on that? Thanx.