PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Star Aviation, Riyadh

HermanTheGerman
27th Jun 2010, 11:07
...there are a few threads in the other forums already, but mainly questions without answer.

Seems to be a new company- any info about them?

BizJetJockey
30th Jun 2010, 05:18
Riyadh...No booze, no woman!!! Sounds like a barrel of laughs!!! And on top of that...when you are bored to the bone because it's Ramadan and no one is traveling, you aren't even allowed to go to the cinema!! :confused:

silverware
30th Jun 2010, 12:21
They seperated from one short-lived (royal/private?) operator (Ajwa) to another one but maintaining alot of the same staff it seems.
HR contacts are still the same, their A320 is ex NAS and being re-registered.

mutt
30th Jun 2010, 13:06
one short-lived (royal/private?) operator (Ajwa) Ajwaa is still alive and kicking, but their mission profile has changed, hence the birth of Alpha Star....

Mutt

HermanTheGerman
1st Jul 2010, 13:26
...well the package, that they offered to me, is quite attractive. (Hawker 900 XP) 2 months on, 1 off, travel, accomodation, health insurance etc paid. Also the compound in Riyadh looking quite nice on the website.

Sim: twice a year.

Salary: really good.

but: 2 months is quite a long time and, to be honest, Saudi Arabia is not an attractive country. probably that is the reason why the salary is so high.

I am still thinking... should I, shouldn't I ?

silverware
1st Jul 2010, 14:29
Herman,

when you are out flying, a compound in Saudi isn't too bad but things change when you are on call for a few days/weeks with 50 degrees outside........bring some sunblock and a very big pile of books and magazines!

Good luck, stay in the shade :cool:

INNflight
1st Jul 2010, 15:24
On the other hand, if you're thinking the general package is great but the country is not, take it as a chance to study or run an online business (in case you got any ideas).

Could invest into learning a new language, taking an online university course, etc... quite some options other than sitting on your butt all day should you be willing / interested to expand your horizons. That's what I would try to do.

mutt
1st Jul 2010, 18:45
At this time of the year the temperature is terrible for about 10 hours a day, but the nights are great. If the package is good it's easy for you to survive there with the right attitude.

This is the first that I have heard about their Hawker, they are supposed to have A320's and one A340.

Mutt

HermanTheGerman
1st Jul 2010, 20:07
all correct,
but: I am still employed, spending much time at home, not too much flying, of course not that money that was offered by ASA, but: at home!

moondriver
9th Jul 2011, 22:29
It's not Riyadh... it's Rehab!

I.R.PIRATE
10th Jul 2011, 23:35
Beats Jo'berg any day.:ok:

I.R.PIRATE
11th Jul 2011, 11:12
Riyadh? Yeah you could say I have 'been' there a little.

JHB - yeah you can say I have been there a lot.

I choose working in Saudi. Nuff said.

Cap10 Al-shehri
8th Dec 2011, 19:06
Hello there

any one please working for Alpha star aviation service??

if there,, please contact me on Email address: [email protected]

immediately.. thank you

mutt
9th Dec 2011, 16:50
Go visit their operations in the Arabasco terminal KKIA. I have no association with them. But considering their owners, I would expect them to go from strength to strength.

Mutt