PDA

View Full Version : 'Puter Video to DVD ??/

Fliegenmong
27th Jun 2010, 05:14
This is probably terribly easy.....how do I get a vidoe file in my p Drive or whaterver it drive to c drive which has written on the actual computer itself 'DVD Multi recorder', I want to watch some stuff from my computer on the new big TV, butwhen I put a disc into the machine, it says I can do a CD via Roxio, Microsoft Nero, etc others, but the option of writing a DVD is not there??

Simonta
27th Jun 2010, 10:16
Fliegenmong (you're not a Jeff Minter fan are you?). Please don't take this personally but that is as bad a description of a task you are trying to achieve as any I have seen.

1. You say that you want to copy the video to your C: drive. Is your C: drive really the DVD drive? That would be very unusual.

2. Are you certain that your DVD drive is a DVD burner and not for example a CD-ROM burner?

3. I assume that you are using Windows. Correct?

4. Do you know how to copy a file?

I am guessing that your question is "how can I burn my video to a DVD" and the task that you are trying to accomplish is to watch that video on your TV.

The easiest answer might that your TV has a VGA computer input connection. The manual will tell you if it has. If so, you might be able to plug the PC graphics output directly into the TV and simply play the video on the PC.

If you do want to burn to a DVD, the question is is the video more than about 600MB in size? If not, then a CD will do. If you do need a DVD, it appears that if Windows and Roxio do not recognise a DVD burner then you don't have one on your PC. If you do, and the software simply hasn't recognised it, then try any number of free DVD burners. I use "Deep Burner" and "CDBurnerPro" which, despite it's name, does burn DVDs.

The final thing you'll need to do is to convert the video to the MPEG format required by DVD. If your needs are simple, then Windows Movie Maker is a good bet. It's free, and does what it says on the tin with no fuss.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Simon

sea oxen
1st Jul 2010, 22:21
Simonta

Jeff K (http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/), shurely?

Fliegenmong
Yes, it is trivial, but we don't know what you are hoping to accomplish.

SO