PDA

View Full Version : Currently Recruiting?

Jugs08
26th Jun 2010, 20:46
Are there any airlines out they currently recruiting; by this I mean more than 3-4 pilots. I know there is talk of Easyjet and Emirates receiving new planes; but these are replacing ones going out of service so this does not mean new pilots are required?

If anyone has any information regarding this is would be very helpful. Thanks

hollingworthp
27th Jun 2010, 04:13
It appears BMI Regional are about to.

A320rider
27th Jun 2010, 16:02
nobody....

come back in 3 years!

SSTR Man
27th Jun 2010, 18:12
....and A320Rider will still be here! :}:p

-c206-
27th Jun 2010, 18:55
HAHA,good one :D

potkettleblack
27th Jun 2010, 19:21
Surprised he has time to enlighten us with his wisdom since he believes that he is a TRE.

EGKK.
27th Jun 2010, 20:33
Emirates, Qatar, Wataniya, etihad, korean, off the top of my head.

UK and Europe in about 6-10months.

It's not replacement aircraft for emirates, they have 90 A380's on order, they need pilots. 700 in the next 18months, their requirements of hours and experience will have to drop.

sit tight.

kuryus
27th Jun 2010, 21:32
EGKK, I realy wish you are right. Although I don't believe they will drop so low as 250 hours and no Type Rating, but...
Let's keep our hopes up.

flyingcamel
27th Jun 2010, 22:49
.........however the juiciest jobs will be filled by more experienced guys looking to get onto bigger equipment (fnar fnar) which opens a nice snuggly little hole at the bottom of the ladder that inexperienced pilots may be able to jump into.
I am currently a TP FO and am hoping some Easterly movement from some of the bigger charter operators may allow my cv to be looked at some time in 9-12 months time.

You gotta play the long game in this industry it seems. Or you can take the short cuts and be villified by your peers. I chose one route, no doubt many others have gone the other way and are earning way more cash than me and flying something shinier. I don't regret anything though and if I have to wait a couple of extra years then so be it.

C'est la vie, c'est la vie
C'est good for you, c'est bad for me.................;)

Edited for spelling. DOH!