PDA

View Full Version : How is start generated in the Seneca

Duffer2007
26th Jun 2010, 15:36
As the title says i'm just looking for maybe four or five lines to outline exactly how start is generated.

Thanks

itsbrokenagain
26th Jun 2010, 17:21
hit the starter buttons... does that help ?? nope probably not... oh well

seriously though what do you mean? "outline exactly how start is generated." huh , read the manual my friend if you wanna figure out how to start the thing, and by the way the Seneca 1 has different engines to the rest of them....

Duffer2007
26th Jun 2010, 18:08
ya it probably seems a bit vague.. im talking about how the ignition fires the engine from start to finish. i have the manual but i want as i said a few lines to explain it.

redsnail
26th Jun 2010, 19:43
The battery sends electricity to the starter motor (not unlike the starter motor you'd find on your car!) which turns the crankshaft. Which then turns the magneto. The magneto generates it's own electricity which then distributes via the ignition harness to the spark plugs.

The fuel is being pumped in by the electric fuel pump, spark meets fuel (avgas + air) and thus it ignites and does it's thing.

michael95u
26th Jun 2010, 20:24
It can get more complicated with the PA-34-200T and 220T. And then throw in optional primers and.....

What model Seneca?

redsnail
26th Jun 2010, 20:40
Agreed... but I didn't want to confuse the issue. :bored:

Halfwayback
27th Jun 2010, 14:59
Not much to do with Training so moved to a more relevant forum

HWB