PDA

View Full Version : Hassi Messaoud Handling / DAUH

diesel862
26th Jun 2010, 15:06
Hello

Will be operating to DAUH (HME) / Hassi Messaoud over the next couple of weeks. Can someone kindly revert good handling contacts for DAUH.

Won't be nightstopping but need good handling, if there is such a rarity here.

Many thanks

Vince

INSIDEVIEW
26th Jun 2010, 15:38
As I remember (looong ago),there was always the same guy at the airport ,together with the Chief of the Armed forces there.

I would recommend you bring Dollars ,Coca Cola ..and most important Magazines (with lots of females in it )

Then you will recieve the vbest handling you can imagine .Also Priority with Tower when approaching or departing .

Dont expect ,too much .Its in the middle of nowhere.

Cheers
Inside:ok:

artip
26th Jun 2010, 18:12
Bring cash with you.
Get big notes and also lots of small ones.
They have no change back......

You will go from office to office to pay the bills and it will take some time.

Otherwise no worries.

jetopa
26th Jun 2010, 18:18
Be careful with bringing these magazines that Insideview is proposing! They could easily bring you into trouble.

And if you at all bring something to read, bring it in French...

booze
26th Jun 2010, 21:47
Hi,

Try Airexpress Algeria. Worked with them before, i'm sure they can help you out or at least point you in the right direction. [email protected] +213 (29) 73 04 91,+ 213 (29) 73 05 56, + 213 (29) 73 05 89 Ask for Anette.

Otherwise the airport is A-OK. Never had problems with the local authorities while doing domestic flights on foreign registration. Can't comment on intl' thou.

Cheers,

Booze

south coast
27th Jun 2010, 17:53
Air Express...you are joking?!

They are a bunch of jokers!

When you land, ask for Boom-Boom, pay him a couple of hundred dollars and he will organise everything for you.

Red-one (spelling) is/was a fuller, he is a nice guy.

Spent 3.5 years in Hassi, no big deal, you could probably do it yourself.

Firestorm
28th Jun 2010, 16:49
Try getting in touch with Zimex Aviation in Zurich as they operate quite a few aeroplanes which are based there. There will (should) be someone who can put in contact with the right people and individuals. Are you operating on behalf of a client company? If so their local manager or base commander (or similar title) should be able to go and find these things out for you, and help you with the necessary arrangements.

I operated out of there for a few years, but almost 10 years ago now. It's not as bad as everyone says. They are a bit laid back, but friendly and helpful as long as you aren't too pushy. You have to do it all at Sahara pace!