PDA

View Full Version : 10 Questions you should ask Rishworth about Atlas Blue

737superace
26th Jun 2010, 14:40
Q1: So how do the pilots you have working for Atlas Blue rate them as an employer?

Generally speaking, TERRIBLE they, Atlas Blue, are unreliable, evasive to the point of dishonest, incommunicative and totally disrespective of the expat pilots.

Q2: Are you saying I cannot trust these people?

Yes

Q3: What about roster stability?

Well if you get a roster before the end of the month, it’s a surprise. That doesn’t matter though, as what you work bears no resemblance to the roster. Expect lots of changes, mostly with no or little notice. Oh by the way, days off are NOT respected.

Q4: I see they can base us where ever they like, where is that likely to be?

Well to be honest, no idea as they change that all the time. However it is most likely to be Tangier, Nador (you’ll be lucky to find that on a map) or Oudja (you wish you hadn’t). All are difficult to commute from, except to BRU, ORY, AMS. Of course you will not get advance notice of a change of base, see Q1

Q5: I see the contract says I am responsible for my own accommodation at my base, are their apartments available in those bases?

Ah Yes with difficulty and they are un furnished

Q6: So what is the positive then with Atlas Blue?

The pay is good

Q7: So they are reliable with the pay?

No. The last 2 months they have only paid the basic pay and that was late. Some pilots have been waiting for months for overtime. Some are owed 1000’s of Euros

Q8: So if Atlas Blue is difficult to work for, why aren’t the pilots leaving?

They are. That’s why we are hiring you. Durrr!

Q9: So are Rishworth taking a strong and line with Atlas Blue to resolve these issues

No, see answer to question 1

Q10: So if Atlas Blue is so difficult to deal with why do Rishworth deal with them

They get lots of money $$$$ and don’t have to live in Morocco

captplaystation
27th Jun 2010, 19:13
In the same vein, anyone thinking of working for Jet4You should ask Contractair
why, when I am type rated and current ,will I be bonded :confused:

Answer, so many people have left, without completing the contract, indeed some whilst completing the OCC, that the company now impose a bond, of sorts, which HANDSOMELY cover the potential cost of OCC, and then some.

Unfortunately this little snippet of info will not be revealed to you until you have already spent a large (if you are unemployed) sum of money on flight/rental cars/hotel etc to attend the sim/interview.
Supplementary question might be along the lines of . . . so, why do so many people bang out so quickly then :hmm:

Fair/honest/transparent. . . well, not really. :mad:

Be Warned :=

B737NG
28th Jun 2010, 06:27
fair/ honest/ transparent are words not excistent in the World of Brokers, Agents or any other Pim.... Unfair-Dishonest-Intransparent are more likely the reality when it comes to "modern slavery work". Contract work is not a rosegarden and not for everyone.

Fly safe and land happy

NG

A-3TWENTY
28th Jun 2010, 10:30
yeap...The jobs are bad, and to make things worst, the broker is Richworth...

A-3TWENTY

ZAV
8th Jul 2010, 15:25
Hey Catplay Station read through all your posts seems you are an expert on everything....... anyway I have friends working for Jet4You and the Broker you mention and they love it, Decent company good salary and hotac or generous housing allowance, plus they knew full well about the training bond.......BEFORE they went, So all the company is doing is safeguarding its interests against time-wasters. Best get your facts right first, Perhaps I could put you in touch with some of these pilots directly they are pretty happy well paid chappies:=

captplaystation
8th Jul 2010, 17:51
I don't claim to be an expert on everything, so don't be such an obnoxious smart-ass. Being in Belgium I don't suppose you might be connected to the management of Jet boo-hoo! :{ or it's Blue painted parent, would you by some chance ?

If the job is so great why is it advertised so frequently, and why would anyone want to bang out before even completing OCC. :hmm:

I have colleagues who went there , and left PDQ. They were lied to constantly, and new entrants are NOT, categorically NOT, made aware of the "bond" (for current and typed pilots := ) before they have already spent the money to get to ZAV for interview and sim. This is my objection.
If you want to be bonded on a type you are rated and current on, well, that is your problem, but this information should be conveyed to you before you make the financial expenditure to present yourself for selection, and I know for a fact IT IS NOT.

3MTA3
9th Jul 2010, 09:46
The primary reason why Rishworth doesn't want you to be happy?
They get a little enveloppe every time they find a pilot.

ZAV
12th Jul 2010, 07:45
You are incorrect AGAIN Catplaystation there are NO Vacancies at Jet4You, which is one of the only companies these days that can say that. if you dont believe then apply or apply to their agent. Zilch. nothing, so all the pilots that are there cant be that p.........d off can they? Anyway didnt you once work for them... sour grapes eh

6000PIC
12th Jul 2010, 09:01
Zav , why don`t you let us all in on your hidden agenda. Fools defending crooks should be left to cheap television dramas.

captplaystation
12th Jul 2010, 17:33
Nope, I didn't , I spent some time in the next country along the road from them though, happy times indeed. No axe to grind, I tell it as I heard it, and give my opinion on what is fair, and what others should look out for, surely the purpose of this forum on pprune ? ? :hmm:

bear11
12th Jul 2010, 19:45
I see on the news wires today that Jet4You (TUI) are selling a majority stake to RAM.

mirkorak
13th Jul 2010, 09:47
Jet4you From Few Days Ago In A Hands Of Royal Air Maroc. They Are Planning To Move Foreign Pilots From Atlas To Jet4you And Continue Flying That Way Next Few Years.