PDA

View Full Version : GA: Looking for JAR instructor within reach of Singapore

martynj3
26th Jun 2010, 06:22
Hi All,

To meet the revalidation requirements of my JAR PPL, I need to log a minimum of one hour of instruction (or equivalent such as a type rating). I'm unlikely to get back to my UK based club in time to meet the deadline.

Anyone know of a regionally-based JAA registered instructor that I can contact?

Posting or PM gratefully received. Many thanks !

Martyn JUDD

Finals19
26th Jun 2010, 08:23
You have a PM. :ok:

KindolFaret
27th Jun 2010, 07:43
Hey guys,

Im looking to put my 737 rating on the JAR license and get my ATPL sorted out and 737 - ME - IR updated.

Colleagues have done it in Europe, but since I live in Asia, is there any B737 JAA instructor around Singapore that can help me? Is it possible to do at the Alteon B737 sim centre?

Thanks a lot

grusa
9th Aug 2010, 11:55
I also need JAR PPL revalidation, urgently. Can anyone help (Thailand, but willing to go anywhere SE Asia!)?

martynj3
9th Aug 2010, 12:28
Grusa,

Despite several helpful leads on this, I didn't pull it off before the deadline passed. The best option was down in Perth - almost made it apart from scheduling problems their end. Drop me a PM if you need contact details...

Regards

japanam
9th Aug 2010, 12:54
Not familiar with JAA regs so I my input maybe of little use.

I know of a couple JAA instructors in Malaysia that may be able to help. Are you able to provide a plane?

grusa
9th Aug 2010, 13:15
Not easily. My Aircraft is Thai registered and not insured for Malaysia.

japanam
10th Aug 2010, 08:18
Doesn't have to be Malaysia, could you make it down to Hat Yai maybe?

This JAA instructor works in Langkawi so if you can make it down to the border, he may be able to help you out.

Again, I really don't know anything about the legal issues regarding JAA certs and recurrency, but if you think this will work, let me know!

Algol
12th Aug 2010, 06:46
Anyone know a JAA instructor in Malaysia/Thailand/Singapore who can do an A330 renewal?

ElitePilot
12th Aug 2010, 08:01
You can try these guys COCKPIT PRO - excellence in aviation training (http://cockpitpro.com/JARTRE.html) for Singapore or KL also Alteon in KL has JAR TRE's avaialble if you speak to them.

agiraud
18th Aug 2010, 11:32
I am a restricted JAA Instructor and can help you with it in Malaysia or Thailand.
PM me.

Captain Stravaigin
19th Aug 2010, 13:30
I live in Kuala Lumpur - and can do the 1 hour with an instructor Biennial Flight under my Class Rating Instructor hat. Different countries seem to have different regulations on this, however... And the only country I am certain I am clear to do so is for the UK. For any other European country it is best to check first what the requirements are with your home Aviation Authority.

agiraud
26th Aug 2010, 14:34
C. Stravaigin, would you be able to renew the ME-IR and SE-IR too ?

ElitePilot
26th Aug 2010, 16:30
It is all very well to do the bi-annual check flight with a JAA instructor but you still need a JAA examiner to sign off that you have met the requirements in you're JAA license. eg. 12 hours in the last year (class of aircraft) and 1 flight with a JAA instructor who must sign this flight off. This is for UK JAA maybe different in other states?

Captain Stravaigin
29th Aug 2010, 09:31
Sorry no can do. SEP VFR only.

I think you will find some JAA instructors at Malaysian Flying Academy in Melaka that may be able to help in this respect. There is (was) also a US CFI/CFII who can/could do FAA BFRs also.