PDA

View Full Version : FAA pilots in EU

Emapilota
25th Jun 2010, 23:44
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you guys know some companies based in Europe that also take FAA pilots. Thx for the help.

;)

Emapilota
26th Jun 2010, 15:21
@Council Van

...are you nervous? Look...I never asked you to find me a job. I asked a simple question which no one forced you to answer. If you are frustrated take a nice and long vacation....:ok:

goaround737
26th Jun 2010, 16:38
Though somewhat theatrical Councilvan does have a point, it would take you 5 minutes to google this.

Emapilota
26th Jun 2010, 17:47
...so what's the point of this forum, when you can google everything in just 5 mins...not just this.

747JJ
26th Jun 2010, 18:48
Well then Council Van...

I am an EU passport holder (Born and raised) with FAA, JAA and Transport Canada ATPL's I hold type ratings in multitude of transport category types on all of these. If someone wants a pilot to have an FAA licence and base the pilot in Europe I could not give a toss, as long as the person has a legal right to work here.
As I have pointed out on this forum time after time again, a licensing issue is not to be confused with immigration and or eligibility to work in a country.

Totally different issue is to bring non-EU workers from outside to do work here when there are hundreds of unemployed pilots sitting and scratching their privates. This actually applies to other professions and probably to most EU countries. Finland is fat dumb and happy to support 260 some thousand unemployed reaping benefits from government and filling the available 30 thousand jobs from people with no strings such as family to Europe and thus denying jobs for those in need.

japanam
27th Jun 2010, 03:10
Council Van

I don't think this displays even 10% of all N registered aircraft operated throughout the world. I know for a fact that there are more N registered aircraft in Japan, Malaysia, and China.

That's why people are asking for inputs; better ask someone living in the region instead of relying on a webpage that may, or may not, be accurate and up to date.

A320rider
27th Jun 2010, 03:57
hello,

there are simply no jobs...
you can look everywhere, try all the sytems, go to africa, asia, australia, USA, moon, whatever, you will always have problems to get a flying job.

you seem to forget that we are in a deep crisis and we are still not out, we are far to get out of this crisis, may take 4-5 years, 10 years if double recession hits us.
Guys in the USA are waiting at home like you, or fly for nothing.Some guys still live in a tent and will do any kind of **** job just to go work the morning..

guys in europe are waiting at home,...live with mom and dad and wait money from the government.

guys in asia are waiting at home or sell fruits in the streets.

guys in africa try to go to Europe for a better life.

mexican try to jump over the fence for a better life,...

governments don't issue work permit anymore, so no need to look around , you won't get a work permit, green card, visa,...for a pilot position.

if you are in europe with a JAA license, you are stuck.

if you are a FAA pilot in Europe , you are stuck...you want go to africa? same problems, you won't get a work permit.

what to do? nothing, you can not do anything.
you can still look around and see if the situation improve or do like some of crazy guys, pay to fly, and never get a job and finish with no money and no job!!!

so take it easy, relax, enjoy life, do something else, go on vacation, start a hobby like windsurf, or scuba diving,...it's time to think about you!:ok:

do I have to give up and do something else? YES

what about the money I have invested in my training? well , stay current until the situation improved.

Photon85
27th Jun 2010, 13:21
wow, that's a big load of negativity.

Indeed it is HARD to get jobs, but saying that there are no jobs in the entire world is just BS

B200Drvr
29th Jun 2010, 09:09
"Is this site a recruitment agency? It appears that a lot of people want everyone else to do their job hunting for them!
Do we need FAA licensed pilots in Europe? No we don’t but unfortunately I am aware of several operators flying N reg aircraft at the large airport down the road from me for whom my CAA licence is of no use.
Would my European licence get me work in the USA? Of course not, and as a Brit a green card would be virtually impossible to come by even though I am aware of several American operators who are always after pilots rated on the aircraft that I have 2500hrs experience on.
God bless America."

Your ignorance is astounding, an FAA License does not afford you the right to live and work in Europe. N reg aircraft are in Europe because private owners are sick of paying the ridiculous fees associated with European aircraft ownership. Pilots with FAA Licenses that are European citizens are not depriving you of anything. Furthermore, you say "operators" flying N reg. It is not permissible to operate a N reg aircraft for compensation or hire in Europe, unless by agreement with EASA, so if they are, you should aim your grievance at EASA and not your fellow European pilots.

SloppyJoe
29th Jun 2010, 10:06
I spent ages trying to track down n reg operators on the internet and it is not an easy task. That link to the registry list is not really much help as most are owned by a trust and give no indication of operator. One way i found that was not too bad was doing airport specific searches on airliners.net and often the photographer has gone to the trouble of finding out the operator so they can add it to the photo information box. A benefit of the slightly ocd nature of the spotter.

goaround737
29th Jun 2010, 10:17
I really wish a32rider would **** off sometimes, its always the same b@llocks he rants on about in pidgin English.