PDA

View Full Version : LPC pass results in disciplnary process -anyone?

Hansoff
25th Jun 2010, 18:45
Only secondhand info but has it ever happened? Someone passes one of the regular sim checks but then gets taken to a disciplinary hearing?

Strange rumours abound.

judge11
25th Jun 2010, 18:59
Even Sherlock Holmes would have difficulty with this one. I think a few more facts and details are required.:confused:

Hansoff
25th Jun 2010, 19:23
Apparently the Company wants pilots to perform better. This is expected to happen automatically after a period of time online. So after a couple of bare sim check passes the pilot can expect to be hauled before a hearing and told to improve or else. That is what the manual says.

Is this standard in any company?

Right Way Up
25th Jun 2010, 20:02
Without knowing the full details..........but I reckon you'll find the answer is yes.

Hansoff
25th Jun 2010, 22:29
Seemed strange to me. Anyway, I didn't write the rule book. I would be interested to know if anyone has fallen foul of the rule.

remoak
26th Jun 2010, 01:58
It certainly happens, but you would have to be pretty marginal for them to make a case. Having said that, I have seen several pilots whose performance dropped off, rather than improved, as time went by.

But there could be a lot of reasons why he ended up in front of a disciplinary hearing... anything from turning up late at the sim, to swearing at the sim instructor!

Wingswinger
26th Jun 2010, 18:59
One can pass the LPC (CAA requirements) but fail the OPC(company requirements). Perhaps that is what happened.

The Puzzler
26th Jun 2010, 20:29
Thanks Wingswinger, exactly what I was about to say. Hansoff, the minimum standard required in any sim check is laid down by the regulatory authority. A company is perfectly entitled to set a higher standard than this (never lower). This may be set out in their Ops manual, which is approved by the regulatory authority and once so approved must be adhered to. So if its in your approved manuals then that is what the bench mark is. Hope that is of some help :)

Hansoff
27th Jun 2010, 10:49
Wingswinger and Puzzler, thanks for that. Remoak - No swearing or unpunctuality but a PART D that I am sure noone reads as it is so badly written.

However, as it is approved then it should be adhered to as you say. Which bit, though?

Worrying trends that I feel will disappear as soon as there is movement on the jobs front again. Which is even more worrying.

:confused: