PDA

View Full Version : Australian carriers' wages?

microclimates
24th Jun 2010, 12:59
Hello there,
I was dropped on my head as a child and can't seem to find simple solutions to simple questions...

Where do I get info regarding wages paid by Australian carriers?

thanks

Mud Skipper
24th Jun 2010, 13:32
microc,

General guide a 747 Captain of reasonable seniority is on 350K AUD+ and an A380 Captain is on +5% less they fly less atm so about the same. Compared to that "extreem" a 737/767 Capt domestic is averaging, atm, around 200K to 220K right down to V Aus F/O's on sfo. J* Capt maybe 230K but lots of private deals done so no one really know what the other person is getting - bit like post the 1989 pilots dispute. New entry is the J* cadet couse which will see applicants seriously screwed over for a very long time, they will have to work a second job just to eat crusts and passengers will die visa vie what has recently happend with some loco/operated by co's in the states etc. In short we are a basket case and untill there is a body count no one will be accountable.

Come on down....:}

thrustpig
24th Jun 2010, 18:11
There is a website www.pilotjobsnetwork.com (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com)
It listed companies by region and type, with details on T and C's.
However, last time i checked it was displaying a malware warning??

43Inches
25th Jun 2010, 10:14
Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar, Q-Link and Rex are all covered by EBAs. There is a government website which lists all EBA and they are available to the public. www.fairwork.gov.au (http://www.fairwork.gov.au)

All are aircraft type based with either years of service or hours on type increments and varying daily/hourly allowances.

There is also a big difference in working conditions in the EBAs with some CAO 48 duty limits and dispensations and others on fatigue based rostering, more or less days off a roster and between 4-8 weeks anual leave etc..

They are very complicated even in the one company. For example in Qantas there is a big difference in pay and conditions between a longhaul 747 crew and a domestic 737 crew. In some companies the additionals and allowances may only be $5-$10 thousand and others can almost double your anual salary.