PDA

View Full Version : Wholigan

barnstormer1968
24th Jun 2010, 07:33
Hi all.
Is it just me, or do more baddies 'have a go' at Wholigan than any of the other mods in here?

This seems to to be one of those things that are common in modern life...
He takes more time to explain his actions to those who complain, yet gets called more names!

This has got to be a bit like the protest I saw against the Israeli involvement in Palestine...The protesters did not go to either of the above countries, but instead protested in Cardiff:}.

Then there were the old anti Iraqi protesters....Who always protested in England! I guess it was just easier and safer to attack someone who does not fight back, and is polite and measured in their reply (and even easier from behind a keyboard).

It's a funny old world:)

minigundiplomat
24th Jun 2010, 08:15
That's the problem with an anonymous forum - people say things they wouldn't dream of saying in person.

I have someone who follows me around revealing my name. Sad thing is they're so stupid, they don't realise that most people know who I am anyway - but it's enormously flattering that someone with no life of their own wants to be part of mine.

Getting back on thead, most people on here are quite upfront about who they are and what they do. These are the people who type what they would say in person.

Unfortunately, the anonymous nature of this forum can attract those who snipe at others whilst hiding behind a user name, often made up. It's no point worrying about it, it's just a sad fact of life that there are cowards with so little in their lives that they feel the need.

Wholigan, I am sure, realises this and bans as many as possible to discourage them. I don't think they could do the job without a thick skin and I would wager it is like water of a ducks back.

Duncan D'Sorderlee
24th Jun 2010, 08:22
On the other hand, have you met him...

Duncs:ok:

(I'm only joking!)

Pontius Navigator
24th Jun 2010, 08:47
Maybe it is the colour RED makes him stand out from the crowd.

Wholigan
24th Jun 2010, 09:51
Hey folks, it really doesn't bother me.

I was elected to be the "front man" in here (although several other mods also operate in here from both sides of the Pond), and - as such - it was pretty obvious to me from the start that I was always going to get the vast majority of the flak. After all, it's my name in the mod section at the bottom of the page.

As I said, it doesn't bother me so don't let it bother you. Also as I have said before, if anyone has a problem with anything I do, why not PM me rather than filling up the forum with vitriolic whinges that nobody else is really interested in. You'll always get a reply to those.

Yours ay

Roj

(PS: I have always used red when acting as a mod as opposed to normal colours when being just me.)

Wensleydale
24th Jun 2010, 10:20
Isn't there a post stating that MODs will be reduced by 25%? Will Wholigan have a job after October?

Only kidding...... honest......:hmm:

barnstormer1968
24th Jun 2010, 12:47
When folks have a go at you it does not bother me at all...after all it isn't me they are bad mouthing:}.

To be serious though it was just an observation on society, and how many people like to moan first, and then.......Well that's it, they don't even check out the facts afterwards.

The only annoying thing you have done IMHO was to ban the numpty who was abusive in his post, before he had to chance to see just how stupid he looked in front of everyone else (I was quite looking forward to that:E)

johnfairr
24th Jun 2010, 13:16
Always quick on the trigger is our Wholi . . . . . . :E:E:E

So I am told!

Wholigan
24th Jun 2010, 13:42
I'm sure he'll be back under another name soon enough. I'm also sure that about the first thing he'll do is look at this thread!!!

:E;)

forget
24th Jun 2010, 13:47
Sad thing is their so stupid, they ....... :p

You correct and I'll delete.

BEagle
24th Jun 2010, 14:03
Wholi' is a jolly fine fellow and his stalwart efforts to remove idiots from this forum are much appreciated by all those with any intelligence.....:ok:

cornish-stormrider
24th Jun 2010, 14:11
Rules out you and I then Beags:E

I find Wholi to be a fair and considerate moderator - he even lets me swear on occasion, gosh darn it!

If I was a mod you'd all be in in and out of the cooler - six weeks and the door would be moving so fast you'd use it as a fan.

newt
24th Jun 2010, 14:20
Always fair that Whooligan! Sometimes he even buys a round!!!

Agree with you Beags! He runs a tight ship and long may it remain so!!:ok:

Wholigan
24th Jun 2010, 14:31
I have to say again that it's not just me moderating in here, there's a good team.

I'm just the one nominated to be shouted at.

And I think that'll be enough here thanks very much (or I'll get ribbed in Admin)!.