PDA

View Full Version : Sim Center tie-up with Batavia Air

niksmathew24
23rd Jun 2010, 18:32
Hey guys got a mail from the sim center guy today. Here it goes..

You can look at the Batavia Program conducted by SIM Center in Miami.

SimCenter is running a program that will assist you in possibly getting a contract with Batavia. Batavia will review your documents IF they give you preliminary approval, then you must enroll in our Jet Bridge Program / B737-300/400/500 at a cost of US$20,900.00. A 50% deposit is require to enroll, balance is due on the first day of class. After successful completion of this course, when you are given an appointment for the evaluations in Indonesia, prior to departing for Indonesia the full amount (US$20,000.00) of the procurement fee for Batavia must be made available; you will then pay US$8,000.00 after you successfully complete simulator evaluation, and medical exam, and prior to applying for work visa. The remaining amount, US$12,000.00, will be payable as soon as you receive Batavia's contract.

The contract is for 3 years duriong which you will get a stipend of USD2000 per month. You will have 2000 - 2500 flying hours after completion of the contract

For any further queries you can send us a mail.

I know very well that most people on PPRUNE are against this.
But PLEASE, am only asking for an honest opinion of is this worth for
a guy who applied in every continent for the last two yrs for a flying job and still unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

ReverseFlight
24th Jun 2010, 06:52
I understand Batavia should apply on your behalf to Immigration Dept for an entry visa first, then apply to the Labour Dept for work permit before you can travel to and enter Indonesia to work. Are you saying candidates can enter Indonesia pending issue of the work permit (which itself is conditional on the sim eval and med exam) ?

Just need to understand the logistics. Terima kasih.

niksmathew24
24th Jun 2010, 07:19
According to SC, you will leave for Indo after TR and Batavia will do your final evaluation and apply for your work permit. Which leaves me to conclude that i'll be going there on a visitor visa(visa on arrival).

Herman Sitanggang
20th Oct 2010, 09:32
Hi everyone,

I've never thought this might happens to our airline, I heard rumour that batavia air is working with some agency to recruit pilots.

Just to clear up the rumour. I'm from Batavia Air management team, as far as "LINE TRAINING EXPERIENCE" we are only having an agreement with SUN AVIATION agency. Not with any others agency. Not Simcenter, CAE or not even Eagle jet. So whoever it is that claim that they have any relationship with us other then SUN AVIATION, that is not true.

PH-DUS
30th Nov 2010, 17:03
Hey Herman Sitanggang,

You say you work for Batavia Air, then you've probably got answers
to all my question. I'm very interested in working in Indonesia preferably
somewhere i can fly a lot on a 737 I've been working in Holland as a flight instructor for about 3 years now, and i'm ready for something new.

What are the requirements to apply for Batavia Air as a FO (same as on the website?)?
What does the Indonesian DGCA require for expat FO's in terms of hours/licences?
Is having a JAA737 type rating with 100 hours an advantage?

If you could help me out with the answers i would appreciate it very much:ok:

Cruiseclimb
24th Dec 2010, 17:19
I had received an job offer from Batavia a year ago and went through the whole process. I started to talk to expats that were already there. I decided against it at the last minute due to how poorly things were being run. I actually went on my own and lived in Indonesia for a month while all of this was going on. The DGCA makes if very hard for the airlines to bring in expats, so be prepared for lots of red tape and delays. Very painful for what you will be paid. If it's your only option to build time. Try to make the best of it.

PH-DUS
30th Dec 2010, 11:15
Hey cruiseclimb,

Tnx for the info, just out of curiosity. did you apply directly at Batavia Air or did you make use of an agency. Did you already have a type rating and hours on type before you went there? i don't mind waiting for the indonesian gouvernment for 2 months but only if there is some guarantee of work afterwards.

Still very interested in this option.

chrislikesblue
2nd Jan 2011, 20:35
One good thing about working in Batavia is that you will get lots of experience fast,thats for sure,in this company everyone works like robot.the average standard of 60-70 hours flight time per month does not apply there.
The flight crew and cabin crew all very friendly and its nice to work with them.But the accounting team maybe not so friendly,some expats who left Batavia still waiting for their last salary,you are being warned,watch out for this!