PDA

View Full Version : Inner Ear problem

Uncle Wiggily
23rd Jun 2010, 04:59
Hi,

One morning a few days ago, I woke up and my hearing suddenly disappeared in my right ear. This occured in under 2 seconds and was not associated with any loud noises. I figured it was some type of common blockage associated with the E. tube. The funny thing was that I did not have a cold or an type of allergy. That evening, the ringing in my ear and deafness was so annoying that I went to the hospital. They said my ear was clean and the eardrum looked good. They gave me some steroid shots and other drugs to get the blood moving. The next morning, my hearing improved a bit, but still was nowhere 100 percent in the right ear. I took a hearing a test and the ringing sound in my ear matched a frequency on the audiogram test, so I naturally could not hear this tone.

I then took x-rays of my upper spine and the doctor said that there were some issues with spinal blockage that was possibly affecting my hearing. They brought in a chiropractor and he cracked my neck, but nothing improved.

It feels as if my right side of my head is plugged and the ringing seems to be growing in intensity.

I searched subjects like Meniere's diseases, but I do not have the issues of vertigo or dizziness! So, I don' think I have Meniere's disease. Apparently there is something called sudden deafness syndrome. But, I'm not sure I have this. I do tend to think that there is a connection between my upperspine/brainstem and this hearing loss and ringing.

Does anybody......anybody....know what the hell is going on??

Thanks

Jumbo93
26th Jun 2010, 22:20
I had sudden deafness in one ear. Get to an ENT immediately if you might have this. I didn't and regret it. My GP said the same stuff about blocked eustachian tubes and sent me home. Finally saw an ENT 6 days after onset. Don't make the same mistake I did!