PDA

View Full Version : Changes in DGCA

aviator_boeing747
22nd Jun 2010, 16:48
Hey guys i have come to know tht a lot of changes have taken place in DGCA. lot of directors have been changed.. I have also come to know that Mr. Pain in da *** "V.P SINGH has been shunted out and there is some new guy in his place.. can someone throw more light!!

IndAir967
23rd Jun 2010, 03:00
ok let me contradict your post.. VP Singh was one of the few sensible characters I ve come across at DGCA..

IndAir967
23rd Jun 2010, 03:15
Try the current Director, Training & Licensing :ugh:

niksmathew24
23rd Jun 2010, 04:30
By sensible do you mean creating issues for no apparent reason:confused:
And if questioned, the answer is you want your license or not..??:\
But Sir, there is no rule like that. So what, you want to file a case, go do one.
Is that the attribute of a sensible character..???:ugh::ugh:

I dont know about the current Director but as far as I know and many others, VP was all crap & :mad:

When you say about someone you've to tell everything.
He was one person who was against bribery which is hard to find these days @ DGCA.:D:D

IndAir967
23rd Jun 2010, 05:03
Hmmm I had to interact with him once or twice to obtain my Indian License Verification.. And also regarding keeping my indian IR valid by recognizing
my foreign PPC .. All he did was have a look at my logbook and the statement
from my airline along with the PPC certificate... Tadaaaa ! He renews my indian IR. No Bribe No Unnecessary Questions.. Was pretty impressive.. Anyways..

aviator_hyd
23rd Jun 2010, 09:14
No Bribery????????!!!! WTF!! i guess thats the minumum requirement for anyone working with DGCA....

I have heard the same that some changes have taken place some reflect on their websites and some do not!!!

Well for VP Singh, i knew that man and i am teling you he had the unique quality of finding faults with your paperwork. I totally agree with Nickmathew24.... He was a big pain, leave everything else i just found the guy had no manners or decency .. Have u people seen him talk!!! God!!!

IndAir you must be one lucky person because i have lots of my friends who share the same view about the guy as what i said..

All i would want is the new person in his place, whoever it is to be atleast a lil polite and have decency.

IndAir967
23rd Jun 2010, 10:51
He is no more in Training and Licensing .. has been shifted to Aerodromes :)

piper_cherokee
23rd Jun 2010, 13:52
There was a change that i noticed in DGCA today.I don't know if it has been this way for a long time or not but i got to know about it today.The IR renewal application is now supposed to be submitted in Director of Airworthiness office right next to Udaan Bhavan near Terminal 1D ,Palam Airport for those applying in Delhi.The DGCA HQ will just issue the licenses now and not renew them.And the application needs to be submitted between 1500-1700.

aviator_hyd
23rd Jun 2010, 17:24
any info on the person who has come into his place?????

suryakant311
30th Jun 2010, 10:40
hi friends,
i want to know what's the requirenment for the Renewal of IR on cpl.I hold valid CPL issued by DGCA in Nov.2009 with C-172 and PA34-200.My last IR check was on PA34-200 on 17th MARCH'09.How many hours i am supposed to fly for my IR renewal?I went to birmi flying academy,PATIALA few days before and i did 00:30hour familarization check on C-172 in day and 01:00hour IR check in day too.

Can i get my IR renewed in delhi reginol office now?I stay in gurgan,haryana.
And the DD for Rs2500 will be in the name of???

Thanks!!...

speedbird787
30th Jun 2010, 14:01
you dont even know the requirements to renew your IR..den how on earth did u get your indian license........????:ugh:oooops you dont even know the name on which you should draw the DD.........!!!!!! well go through aircraft act 1937....look in schedules..you will have all information

well learn the hard way........cos that way you will never forget what you learnt

suryakant311
30th Jun 2010, 14:21
hey u genious i know it but its confusing.Coz some are getting it done in 01:30hours and some in 03:00hours.are u here to teach people to work hard?
i just needed a small answer to my query not your lecture....

piper_cherokee
30th Jun 2010, 14:24
And FYI your documents will be checked by a guy somewhere in his 60s named Ashok Gupta.And he'l for sure screw you in your forms and Documents if not done correctly.Something which is not mentioned in the rules is that now you need to take your documents properly assembled in the correct order in a file(in which you can put those punched papers) to this officer or he'l probably ask you to come back again.And carry atleast 2 blank copies of the form in case you make some mistake.I had to go there 3 days regularly and then sit down for 3 hours on the 3rd day to get my documents checked and submitted and there were jus 3-4 pilots before me. :ugh:...The regional office at Palam Airport is new to all this stuff and is really slow right now.Maybe they'l learn soon and fasten up this process.

piper_cherokee
30th Jun 2010, 14:38
hey suryakant u mentioned that you got ur IR check on PA-34 on 17th march but you are renewing it on C-172.Check it with the date of IR check on your C-172 because that is what you shoul be concerned about.
DD as usual should be PAO,DGCA,MCA,NEW DELHI.
All application for renewal from 8th june 10 are being submitted at the regional office.Read the post on 23rd june by me.
There is also a new form for License/rating renewal available on DGCA website which was revised on 8th june.
Try to be there at 3pm itself,otherwise be ready to wait for long.

All the Best:ok:

OT:- Speedbird no offence meant but you sound just like that Ashok Gupta.He was screwing up some people just by saying the same words well learn the hard way........cos that way you will never forget what you learnt

aditya104
30th Jun 2010, 14:53
suryakant, this is not the right forum to ask such simple questions. better pay a visit to dgca headquarters or call them and find out.

(e) Skill— He shall have demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Examiner his competency to fly an aeroplane in respect of which Instrument Rating is desired, solely with the aid of instruments by undergoing an instrument flying test within a period of six months immediately preceding the date of application for the rating. The flying test shall be carried out in accordance with the syllabus as prescribed by the Director-General. The Director-General may, however, allow such tests or part thereof to be carried out on an approved simulator for the type of aircraft.
(b) having a valid Flight Radio Telephone Operator’s Licence issued by the
Director-General for operation of radio telephone apparatus on board an aircraft.
:ok:

FlyingManutd
30th Jun 2010, 20:36
@Suryakant

It would have been helpful to others also if u had posted this on IR thread itself....ans to your query is that u got IR on both ME /C 172 and got it renewed on C 172 ...so technically your IR is current by doing skill test.

aditya104
1st Jul 2010, 03:30
Suryakant, in return if you could give me the requirements for renewal of Night Rating(CPL). Remember I want renewal, not initial.

suryakant311
1st Jul 2010, 04:41
Well,Thanks friends it was helpful:)