PDA

View Full Version : Job Seeker

Sheldz
22nd Jun 2010, 04:35
Hey guys, I'm new to PPRuNe. I'm looking for that very elusive 'First Job' for low hour pilots just starting off and I've been applying for as many places as I can, especially cadetships in airlines. I've got my CPL(A), Instructor rating grade 3, ATPL (frozen), MECIR (needs renewal), 27 hours C-200 series time and 315 TT. Any ideas, contacts or leads would be very much appreciated:)

harrowing
22nd Jun 2010, 05:08
You could try for the Qantaslink traineeship. You may be lucky with the timing.
At least one got in with no twin time at all.
There are a couple of related threads about it.
Cheers

maverick22
22nd Jun 2010, 05:13
Get off Pprune and get out there! Redcliffe aero club looking for gr3's at the moment.

Pilot Jobs - Australian Federation of Air Pilots (http://www.afap.org.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?art_id=98&nav_cat_id=127&nav_top_id=73)

harrowing
22nd Jun 2010, 10:16
Qlink traineeship will reactivate in August. Hot off the press.

JRL89
22nd Jun 2010, 22:18
The 200 Series time will definately give you an advantage over any other low time Pilot without it looking for a job with most of the charter companies that operate the big singles. Most of these operators are usually in places youve never thought of moving too. Just a few off the top of my head

Sling Air - Kununurra WA
Alligator Airways - Kununurra WA
Broome Air Services
King Leapold Air
Geraldton Air Charter
Air Frontier - Darwin

Skydive operators etc

I havent included known conditions of all the operators but its pretty much the same repetitive story for GA

flyhardmo
23rd Jun 2010, 12:04
Get off Pprune and get out there!

Thats your best advice. Every place you have applied to you need to call and show your face to the chief pilot. Show em your keen.