PDA

View Full Version : Gen Nav Instruction

charliewalker17
21st Jun 2010, 15:48
Hi Guys,

Been studying for my ATPL exams for the last six months and have unfortunately failed General Navigation, Is there any one out there offering private tuition in the Wiltshire/Berkshire area that might be able to help me?

Charlie Walker (07747807446)

kwb911
21st Jun 2010, 21:11
Baz at Bristol ground school does brush up days and that's what I would go for and worth the travel down to Bristol. I studied at BGS and the tuition is great and baz will get you through the exams. Give him a call and see if he can get you in sometime and you will be fine.

Mr_ATPL
22nd Jun 2010, 18:27
C,

Like previous reply, BRISTOL Ground school to understand GEN NAV and get a pass with a min of 90%.

Should you still have trouble or doubt then go to Oxford for 2 days brush up course for NON students and get the question bank for GEN NAV from Oxford.

Good luck !! :ok:

jfkjohan
19th Oct 2010, 16:40
Hi guys,

I too sat for all my ATPL UK CAA papers here in Malaysia but failed Navigation. Any online resources I can download/purchase etc? My exam is in 5 weeks and I have to kill it this time around before my country stops the whole UK CAA papers and goes JAA-only.

Am based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Thanks.

Johan

cavortingcheetah
19th Oct 2010, 17:21
Have you thought of spending a week in the UK brushing up with this Baz guy?
Worth a telephone call to him?
A ticket might be your cheapest and surest shot.
Could you do your rewrite in the UK?
Good luck!

punk666
19th Oct 2010, 19:10
jfkjohan,

Have you got the bristol online question bank ?

jfkjohan
20th Oct 2010, 02:13
Dear cavortingcheeta - Due to other working commitments I am unable to leave my country, although i'd love to trash it out with this Baz guy! I actually have a great tutor here as well in KL but, am looking for additional material to help supplement my training for the re-sit of ATPL/Navigation (CAA). If you know of any other materials please do let me know where I can get them (online) etc.!

Dear Punk666, Yes I know of atplonline and bristol.gs but, aren't they JAA? I'm looking high & low for the CAA UK database. I hear they are ceasing the papers this year end, and my re-sit will be the last re-sit! Gulp. Help if able!

Pitch+Power
20th Oct 2010, 16:20
YouTube - CATSGROUND's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/CATSGROUND#p/a)

found the examples on here helpful.

jfkjohan
21st Oct 2010, 14:37
Now THIS is helpful! Thank you so very much!
I wonder if there are anymore :)

JFK

downwind24
21st Oct 2010, 14:47
There is Richard Heaton who generally posts on here , im surprised he hasnt replied but may have missed your post.

All about Richard Heaton (http://www.richardheaton.com/id1.html)

jfkjohan
22nd Oct 2010, 16:16
Thanks. But does he do consultancy via Skype? I am in Kuala Lumpur. LOL

RichardH
23rd Oct 2010, 06:44
No he doesn't!

I hadn't posted previously as I couldn't assist you out in KL.

What most posts failed to understand is that you are doing the UK CAA Overseas exams which are similar to the OLD CAA exams prior to 2000 and the JAR/EASA 'system'. There is no database for the OLD system, maybe sample papers, surely your current training provider has all this?

There is a significant difference in Navigation in particular you must be able to do a running plot it was worth about of the 3rd of the marks. Remembering answer "A" won't help you here! If you can't plot you won't pass. Plotting in the JAA is significantly easier as it is just cross bearings and distances around Ireland.

I think your best source of revision might be to look at Oz & NZ as their Navigation is similar to what you require or get hold of some older navigation books. I would have to dust off my old notes which are not for sale!

downwind24
23rd Oct 2010, 18:47
Richard , my post was in reference to the first poster. He appears to be in Wiltshire/Berkshire area