PDA

View Full Version : Private Aviation School Start Up in China

Lawrie
21st Jun 2010, 06:32
Ladies and Gents,
Does anyone have info on how to run a private flight school business in China?
I've done some research but need more information on finance and management.

WrongWayCorrigan
21st Jun 2010, 07:46
Big job, Lawrie. Interesting subject. See if you can pm me. Regs WWC

ReverseFlight
21st Jun 2010, 08:35
Before you take a leap of faith into the dark, please read post #5 by mingalababya in this thread:
http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-general-aviation-questions/391298-ga-opportunities-abroad-post5235206.html#post5235206
... I also hold a Chinese CAAC CPL/IR and Flight Instructor rating. Currently, there's not much going over there with two "international" flying schools going bust in recent times, and a third struggling to keep its head above water. There may be a possibility of a new school recruiting foreign instructors next year, but at the moment, nothing is certain.

GA is still a new concept in China. There is a big problem with getting clearances, even to operate in the training area. Where I was based, we couldn't even do circuits when there was a 737 or A320 inbound, 20 minutes away as ATC still have a lot of trouble separating GA aircraft from airliners procedurally. On top of all that, we then had the military closing our training area at short notice and without any notice of when it will be reopened again. Getting clearances for navex was also difficult, and we had some students waiting months just to do one nav. No wonder the local flying schools went bust. And it's no wonder why many Chinese cadet pilots come to Australia to train.

There has been a lot of talk about China opening its skies in 2010 to GA, but at the moment, from where we were, there were no signs that this will ever happen in the near future.

That's the reality, no exaggeration.

chairwrecker
21st Jun 2010, 09:25
China is very ambitious and has First world intentions however many of their systems are still third world. give them some time, but right now i am afraid it's not all about "finance and management." knowing somebody powerful in the CHinese air force and the CAAC would be most crucial.

Blueair
22nd Jun 2010, 05:51
It is almost impossible to run a private flight school in China, because of CAAC policy.

Brian304
22nd Jun 2010, 19:42
Too true, agree with the last few posters. Money isn't everything here, without power your money won't be worth much. GA hasn't developed enough here, schools such as beijing panam and other schools have gone bust, as the air force fly quite abit around here, and you'll be grounded until they finish most probably. Though I did here recent news last year from my old company I worked for, that GA might be opening a little bit more, though that is only a rumor. Most airlines and schools send there students abroad for ab-intio training, unless they've just graduated from CAFUC.

Razorho
7th Jul 2010, 08:25
hi mate,
don;t dreaming!!!

aime
28th Mar 2011, 16:31
Hey Guys,

I worked for Tianjin Jeppesen Flight College in Chaoyang (TJFC). They managed to make the ex Beijing Panam look good.

The work conditions are not great and they trash instructors as soon as they sign on. The training is nowhere like what you would want to give or receive if you flew in the Western world. So why bother coming here?! It is a frustrating place on all aspects! Their contracts turned out to be junk just like the food and the living conditions... another sorry, half baked, flight school brought to by a country that is short on pilots. Scary!

:ouch:

Keen Flyer
28th Mar 2011, 16:52
Even Chinese airlines such as Shenzhen Airlines are sending the ab initio cadets to Singapore for training to get CASA licenses. After which they go back to China to convert to CAAC licenses.

aime
9th Oct 2011, 13:31
Your odds are probably better in Vegas!

Too much cheating, corruption... www.deepbluesky.us/tjifc (http://www.deepbluesky.us/tjifc)

:=

POPAVIATOR
15th Oct 2011, 09:22
It's not all bad. Just depends what your background is. There are opportunities around but it will take alot of hard work and research on your part. If you have a good opportunity to fly where you currently are I would take that. You've just got yellow fever huh :)

Blueair
17th Oct 2011, 00:00
It is impossible to start up an aviation school in China as CAAC policy is not allowed.