PDA

View Full Version : Process for Flying

AdeFlight
20th Jun 2010, 20:12
Hi Guys,

My name is Ade and am 27yrs, I am currently a Data Analyst and want to become a pilot, it even got to a stage where I wanted to join the RAF.

I have always been passionate about flying but never knew the process on becoming one and as you can imagine I don't want to get ripped off.

I currently reside in the UK and advice in the right direction will be much appreciated.

I will be paying my own way through this process so any advice about sponsoring or funding will also be fantastic!!

PS: Am I too old because am willing to take whatever it takes even becoming anybody's student!!!:ok:

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st Jun 2010, 06:37
Rather than get too many opinions on here, you ought to visit your nearest flying club or pilot tgraining organisation and talk to them. If it's an established outfit, nobody is going to rip you off. If it's a large organisation, e.g. Oxford, it will provide training for commercial pilot exams, instrument rating, etc. I guess you know that all this will cost you an arm and many legs..

Good luck.

10 DME ARC
22nd Jun 2010, 19:59
Some of these training centre's can put you through aptitude tests so atleast you don't spend a shed load of money and end up failing later!! Interest and money don't always make a pilot I am afraid.
Please don't take this as a negitive just practical!

All the best

10d