PDA

View Full Version : Go Air exam for A320 pilots

airbus_capt
20th Jun 2010, 10:53
Hey guys,

heard 70 pilots gave the Goair exam of A320 endorsed pilots for the first officer position. Many of them were KF pilots. Can anyone tell what kind of questions were asked in the exam, as henceforth all exams would be type rated pilots. Also, heard Jet Airways takes only the simulator test and then the interview for type rated B737 pilots. And people did fail in the jet airways recent round of 737 type rated pilots. So its not a walk in interview as it seems to many. Please any info about the Goair exam?

optimus.Prime
20th Jun 2010, 12:01
Yes people did fail on the "Sim-Assessment" conducted by 9W recently - incidentally only 4 managed to get through and were offered contracts with Jet! So for people who're assuming getting a Type would lead to a walk-in RHS, I guess its not so "rosy" after all!

airbus_capt
21st Jun 2010, 11:05
result of goair to be out today or tomorrow, requirement of only 15 type rated pilots...for the 2 mayb 3 planes arriving this year....surprising thing is there were only 4 questions about a320 and the rest paper was pure basic cpl. jet airways coming for cpl holders in 2 weeks, they wont take type rated in that, just like indigo rejected the a320 rated pilots and went for cpl holders, also kf coming for atr vacancies for cpl holders

flyjet787
21st Jun 2010, 11:25
kf coming for atr vacancies for cpl holders

I doubt it. They already have about 40-50 F/Os who have been sitting at home with company paid ATR type ratings and have been paid 20k a month a month for almost 2 yrs now.

airbus197699
21st Jun 2010, 11:28
Hello All

It is surprising that only 4 question was asked on airbus 320, any idea wat all was asked from CPL level................It is good news for CPL guys for new hiring news.......hope the 3 years before time come back again

optimus.Prime
21st Jun 2010, 11:34
just like indigo rejected the a320 rated pilots

IndiGo never "rejected" the KF 'bus rated pilots(almost all of whom were without a curent LR/IR), they did have enough crew to fly their existing fleet and decided to permit CAE to make a quick buck from the "Assessments" - a means of continuing their fruitful partnership with CAE.

airbus_capt
21st Jun 2010, 12:22
@ optimus, kf a320 pilots were trained from cae only, also there were other self sponsored a32o type rated students who were also trained from cae, in short ur 100% accurate when u meant they wanted to make a quick buck,

optimus.Prime
21st Jun 2010, 12:33
kf a320 pilots were trained from cae only

Are you very very certain? I thought SimCenter,Miami prominently advertised themselves as being the sole TRTO to train KingFisher (also Ex-Deccan) Pilots.

You could check out their 2008 KingFisher Alumni list :
Pilot training, cargo, first officer program, aviation school (http://www.simcenter.cc/alumni_list.php)

airbus_capt
21st Jun 2010, 13:14
no sir, also from cae madrid....

SuperflyTNT
21st Jun 2010, 13:53
@ Airbus_capt

You said Jet Airways will be coming out with Trainee F/O positions for CPL holders? How certain are you about it? Even I heard from another source about the above said. How many trainee F/O's do they require? What will be asked in the writtens? IF you do know please do share. Thank you

airbus_capt
21st Jun 2010, 16:27
well sir, no idea about the requirement of fo's...will let you know if get any other info....

SuperflyTNT
21st Jun 2010, 16:37
@Airbus_capt - Thank you Sir.

aroguy007
22nd Jun 2010, 02:15
Guys, results for go is out.
Interiews Imminently begning from today! wish me luck;)

bal7o7
22nd Jun 2010, 11:41
Hello sir,
how was ur go air interview n wat all questionzz did they ask >>

airbus197699
22nd Jun 2010, 15:35
Hello aroguy007

Could you please share the question or general idea of questions in Goair written exam, this will be great help to all users in future. Appreciate your help !

SuperflyTNT
22nd Jun 2010, 21:35
@Aroguy007

Do you have a current Type Rating on the 320? I was reading on other forums that a 320 rating was not actually required to sit down for the writtens? I hope you got through. Good luck.

And yes, please do share with us the questions you were asked. (both written and oral would be of great help). Thank you

RterO
25th Jun 2010, 17:31
hey did any1 get the call yet after interview?

aroguy007
26th Jun 2010, 06:11
HI Guyz,

i have heard about 2 kf guyz getting a call on thursday night itself. also, maybe the list is finalised. but none of the odd 25-30 guyz i know who appeared for the interview, gt the call yet. i guess now the things have shifted off to monday.

written and interview both were narrowed down to basic CPL stuff for me. the A320 type specific questions were very limited surprisingly.

i would request my fellow flyers to get thier basics ironed out perfectly as that is what they are after. stronger the foundation, higher the building. NAV, MET, REGS, TECHNICAL GENERAL, and type specific, they left out no subject in my interview. i hope our prayers get answered. its long time now that we have en waiting for our wings.
AMEN.

RterO
28th Jun 2010, 02:44
I too am one of the candidates who went for the exam. I have not yet received any kind of intimation from GO Air!

I heard about nine candidates have already been selected. Any idea on the total vacancies?:}

CHEERS!!!

captnitin
2nd Jul 2010, 10:48
I heard that 7 guys got through in 1st list. another list comprising 6 names awaited on Monday making total 13 selection.

RterO
4th Jul 2010, 07:14
so then the list of candidates has been decided right! :confused:

apaargupta
8th Jul 2010, 13:46
hey ppl even i've heard about the jet airways exam. would be great if sum1 could guide on how to prepare for them.. thanx

flyerUnlimited
13th Jul 2010, 16:14
Dear,
Have they finished the recruitment?How many finally got in?R U one of them?
Please tell,what is the latest you know.
Thanks