PDA

View Full Version : Wind of Change

Cheeses of Nazereth
19th Jun 2010, 14:41
I hear the Navy's Lynx Force Commander has been given the push by the new Rear Admiral Fleet Air Arm after 2 years in the post. Poor sod! Seems he'd offered up the RN's Black Cats helicopter display team as a savings option and incurred his new boss's wrath. Let that be a warning to the next bloke in the seat...

Pontius Navigator
19th Jun 2010, 16:01
Better he'd discussed his ideas over a PG perhaps?

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
20th Jun 2010, 20:27
The last "wind of change" I remember related to Africa. I'm not sure following that precedent would be very wise. Anyway, who needs wisdom when the Country is run by economists, solicitors and career politicians.

Two years is not bad for a Naval appointment. Any longer and chaps get dangrously knowledgeable and confident.

vecvechookattack
20th Jun 2010, 20:35
Helicopters can't do flying displays.

Helicopters doing flying displays is like having a w@nk. Great fun to be in it but not really a spectator sport.

minigundiplomat
20th Jun 2010, 21:28
You're in the wrong helicopter then Vec.

ArthurR
20th Jun 2010, 21:41
Vec are you playing with your cyclic again, you'll go blind you know. := :cool:

vecvechookattack
21st Jun 2010, 13:43
You have to admit though...its not the best way to spend 10 minutes of your life watching a Helicopter display..... Fun to be in it but not really much to look at.... unless you are watching the Sharks....they were good. But nowadays, a helicopter display is fun providing both aircraft are in the same County...

AllTrimDoubt
21st Jun 2010, 14:57
Anywayyyy....back to the orig topic. What's the scandal here then?
:}

Stupidbutsaveable
21st Jun 2010, 16:53
Vec

Guess you never saw the CZ Hind Display team then. Nor the Chinook done properly.