PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Airlines T&C's

FLEXPWR
19th Jun 2010, 08:25
Hello there,

I would like to get information about Hong Kong Airlines, the roster, the pay, housing allowances if any, hiring process for DEC's (A320), days off and leave, etc.

Also I gather they have already some A330's and have ordered about 30 A320's, but I have yet to see any A320 launched for operations.

Please only factual data, I am not interested to read about how bad they are or what a fool I would be to look into this direction, nor the lifestyle one can expect from living in HK.
I just need plain info without the politics, although I know how hard it is sometimes not to mixed them both...

Thanks

Flex

BusyB
19th Jun 2010, 13:34
Look in Fragrant Harbour. There is enough there on HKA to sink a battleship.:}
The search function works amazingly well on PPRuNe as well:ugh:

AAIGUY
20th Jun 2010, 00:52
Fact. They have no A320
Fact. They have 1 A330
Fact. They have 1 B737-800
Fact. over 100 pilots have left in the last 3 years.. (they only require 30-40 at a time..)
Fact. Indonesian Pilots, who work for very little money, have left HKA, as it didn't pay enough to live in HK. You get that right?
Fact. They changed the contract at least twice in the last 2 years and if you didn't accept it, you were fired. One of the changes amounted to a 50% pay cut.

FACT> If you're too stupid to understand what everyone has written on the super long HKA thread, or have burnt all your bridges at every other A320 operator in the world, then welcome to HKA. It's perfect for you.

747JJ
20th Jun 2010, 05:38
Does not sound to be a very good option to anyone then...

FLEXPWR
20th Jun 2010, 06:20
Thanks for the facts.

Not sure about your opinion Mr AAIGUY, or is it SmartGuy? If you think you are so much clever, don't bother making comments for people you think are stupid, they wouldn't understand.

I am asking a straight, honest question, and although I appreciate the answers, I do not need your sarcasm.

As you are so intelligent, you could also certainly understand that I am looking for the latest available information, meaning what is happening today in this company, and not a 5 year long heated up dish where everyone has been spitting in the soup.

Here is a fact that has no further leads, so far: HKA has signed a firm order with Airbus for 30 A320.

Now, anyone with sensible information on if, when and how they would deploy these aircraft, if their network is planned to expand, and positions made available?

Thanks for the help.

Flex

AAIGUY
20th Jun 2010, 14:11
HKA haven't signed a FIRM order for ANYTHING.
They have some letters of intent backed by Hainan.

When I was there, we had orders for 50 B737, 50 Airbus, 1 corporate A319,
B777 lease from EVA...they even tried to wet lease a B747 from CAL..nothing worked.

I'm telling you like it is. I'm not being a smart ass.

If the biggest running thread from PPRUNE is saying one thing.. from a hundred different voices, why start a new one?

They haven't improved T and C's, and people are still leaving.. they will trick you in, it will take 6 months till you realize you cannot afford to live in HK, let alone save money. Then you too will try an leave..this is the way things happen.

Until they fire the Singaswine management, nothing will change.

HKA has promise to become something, but not under the current regime..
They couldn't organize a piss up in a pub.

205,000 views. Over 1000 posts
http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/310221-demise-hong-kong-airlines.html

All is revealed in that thread