PDA

View Full Version : Ethiopian Airline On Spot Again

kijanasafi
19th Jun 2010, 06:47
Just read again that an Ethiopian Airline from beirut had to land almost as soon as it took off because of a rattling door.After landing it was noticed that the door had not been locked/closed properly.
Talk about standards going down and safety being thrown to the dogs.Remember its the same airport they lost a plane recently.i dont see myself in an ethiopian plane very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

McGreaser
19th Jun 2010, 08:55
..........kijanasafi, are you a journo ? The way you sensationalise this piece of news points in the direction of somebody trying to get their first scoop in the local Pravda.......! If you are a pilot, chill out and wait for enough info before you post......

N1 Limit
19th Jun 2010, 09:44
I agre with McGREASER get facts before you come and post,do you know how many similar scenarios are happening on a daily basis in major europeans airports?By the way the Beirut crash hasn't yet been determined,highly trained crew,brand new aircraft and they've got the biggest Boeing facility on the continent.I hope you'll also stop flying Air France because of the crash they had recently.

kunguru
19th Jun 2010, 12:49
It seems you have not encountered the unlock door warning once airborn. It could be false warning also. This doesnot make your aircraft crash or blow.:=:ugh:

kijanasafi
19th Jun 2010, 17:51
call it as you like but i believe checking that all doors are securely locked is a very rudimentary issue and should not be missed by any trained F/A or crew or whatever fancy name they are known these days.

N1 Limit
19th Jun 2010, 21:26
Buddy it's up to u to fly wathever airlines of your choice.But don't use a minor issue to make it wow,these are day to day operation for airlines around major airports

9jarep
20th Jun 2010, 03:12
You sound more like a Trader:} than a Professional:sad: