PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Pilot texting during landing 2

xplane10
18th Jun 2010, 01:15
Any truth in the rumour crew continued tour back to Darwin before they were stood down. Was a DAMP test conducted at Singapore?
Commercial pressures vs safety??

Mr.Buzzy
18th Jun 2010, 09:18
ohhh shuuuut up. :ugh:

bbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AnQrKa
18th Jun 2010, 12:01
......as apposed to SO seat swapping at 3000 in imc on the ILS?

rmcdonal
18th Jun 2010, 12:28
AnQrKa You have my ears. :confused:

itsbrokenagain
18th Jun 2010, 15:48
OK whats a DAMP test ??

Artificial Horizon
18th Jun 2010, 22:37
DAMP (DRUG ALCOHOL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME), I assume they mean the crew were breath tested.

Private Patjarr
18th Jun 2010, 22:45
I've heard it was a config warning set as the SMS tone that activated when the phone cane back into reception on short final. That would explain the 'incorrect configuration warning' actted on by the crew.

HEALY
19th Jun 2010, 01:34
PP
If that theory comes anywhere near true that would be actually very funny. Mind you, if the mobile was in his navbag how loud would the ringtone have to be?:}

blueloo
19th Jun 2010, 02:19
've heard it was a config warning set as the SMS tone

Wouldnt be the first dunce to do that, nor the last...........have heard of a few with GPWS or fire tones set, causing the obvious results......

Wizofoz
19th Jun 2010, 05:09
I've heard it was a config warning set as the SMS tone that activated when the phone cane back into reception on short final. That would explain the 'incorrect configuration warning' actted on by the crew.

I heard the same story a while back, only it was a Virgin Atlantic aircraft doing an RTO as the Captains ring-tone was "WHOOP-WHOOP PULL UP".

So I'm wondering if the above is a bit of an urban legend.

Lasiorhinus
19th Jun 2010, 06:02
I used to have the sound of a C172 or similar starting up, as my ringtone. :ok:

Until I was having a chat with a pilot at a quiet seaside airstrip one summer afternoon, and my phone rang.:}

He leaped up and ran outside, yelling "Someone's stealing my plane!":eek: