PDA

View Full Version : Avico aviation company (Kenya)??

parisjet
16th Jun 2010, 20:35
Aren't these the guys who don't exist but say they're based at Wilson airport, looks like website has been improved and are looking for Pilots?

perceval
17th Jun 2010, 14:37
Looks like Pay To Fly mainly (P2F):zzz: , in addition to normal flight training by Kenya School of Flying (Full JAA conversion required after that if you're EU , but fun flying !)
Regarding the 'guaranteed' contracts with BSA or Delta ...well , how are they going to get work permits ?
I find the whole thing a bit ....funny ; not to mention the 'strange' fact that it seems completely orientated towards foreigners and not kenyans . For an organisation based in WAP , that's weird.Who Knows in this day and age ? Good luck anyway !:bored:

parisjet
17th Jun 2010, 16:06
Thanks for the response, wasn't applying nor was I intending to, I don't believe they exist. Just trying to alert all those interested to exercise caution. Every Pilot I know in Kenya has never heard or seen them. Infact a few months ago they were advertising on a Pilot hiring site and were removed for being dubious. They were offering to train up individuals onto the Boeing 737 -500 and all they asked for was a CPL/IR, you have to pay for the rating. This forum was littered with similar stories of strange telephone interviews concerning them. Their old website was a shoddy job, but now they've improved it but with the same logos and a couple of pictures showing their office but no personnel of theirs at all, and no mention of who they work with in terms of leasing etc.. - fishy!!

Emapilota
19th Jun 2010, 16:22
So what's the deal with them?? I have been talking with them via emails but now I don't know what to believe :p

...after reading this I am bit worried.

xuejiesandi
19th Jun 2010, 18:50
Never communicated though, been to the website. Yes, my network at site never heard of the company. :confused:

Emapilota

Be worried man, very worried.:= This side is not short of people with advert for guarantee & website costs very little.

Emapilota
19th Jun 2010, 23:11
Too bad, I mean they sended me many interesting files. Is kinda sad hear those things about them.

parisjet
20th Jun 2010, 10:51
Unfortunately there are always con artists trying to take advantage of the innocent, just be weary and do your research. They don't seem to have an AOC, nor are they registered etc..

ZS-PGP
23rd Jun 2010, 21:31
@Emapilota not such a good situation to be in. I have been at Kenya school of flying, Wilson for the past 1 year and never have I heard of such a company. Beware, ghost companies exist. I know a couple of them which originated from Nigeria with such nice and beautiful websites, and they are quickly spreading across the entire continent like a cross-fire, but remember, some people in this world have just too much time in this world, and actively maintaining such a website isn't an issue.

This is an extract from the aforementioned company's website, and I quote:

''Yes, we have changed and yes, there have been things going on within the company which were not OK. But we are new, we are a new management which as clearly can be seen on this site have nothing to do with the business approach of the old management. We have changed!''
AVICO Now On Facebook | AVICO AVIATION (http://www.avicoaviation.com/corporate-news/68-avico-now-on-facebook)

At first they are claiming to be a new company, then suddenly they are crying about some bad things happening...weird!:=

parisjet
23rd Jun 2010, 23:04
These guys don't sleep, just constantly looking at the next scam. Taking a picture with the company logo and placing it on a wall doesn't legitimise a company. I could do similar, just give me a camera, it's just ridiculous