PDA

View Full Version : Cheap aircraft rental in UK to build 80 hours

Nav420
16th Jun 2010, 11:36
Hi all,

I am looking to do my hour building in the UK having just completed my ATPL's, I need to do around 80 hours. Is there anyone who can recommend a cheap place to rent.

Dane-Ger
16th Jun 2010, 11:46
Try a dry lease, cheaper plus you don't have to share the plane with anyone. It's yours to fly wherever you want. Can recommend Keith at bigredkite.com

mad_jock
16th Jun 2010, 12:14
try and contact A and C he has a couple for dry lease.

moona
16th Jun 2010, 12:58
ditto above, Keith at bigredkite.com/A and C or a non equity share.

Nav420
16th Jun 2010, 13:16
Im trying to find a contact number for A and C but cannot find anything can someone please pm me the contact number.

mad_jock
16th Jun 2010, 15:38
O and as you are hour building go and do something interesting.

Fly to Kirkwall
Fly to The top of Finland

Fly to gib even

Just don't potter about doing hour flights with your mates

Dane-Ger
16th Jun 2010, 15:52
Again, as Mad Jock writes above, explore, the beauty of a dry lease is that you don't have to have the aircraft back (until the 50 hour check). I picked it up at Membury near Hungerford and flew to France, then all the way up the east coast and across to prestwick, based there for a couple of weeks while I explored the highlands and islands, back down the west coast this time for a 50 hours check before exploring some more.

It was to date, the most fun flying I have done. and If I were rich I would do the same again this time exploring Europe with a tent in the back.

Nav420
16th Jun 2010, 16:01
Sounds great and I cant wait :ok:, but I need to find an aircraft for dry lease, spoke to Keith unfortunately the aircraft is not available for a while as its already been booked so need to find someone else to lease from, i've got the parking, fuel etc. sorted just need to find an aircraft now! If anyone knows anyone or is leasing please let me know.

Thanks guys :ok:

potkettleblack
16th Jun 2010, 20:52
Ask in the private flying forum. Also get out and about to places like Blackbushe. I heard of at least a couple of no equity groups down there.

olikea
3rd Aug 2010, 22:09
I am currently looking into Stapleford Flight centre, they seem to offer a C152 at £79/hour for a minimum 40 hours, this would seem to be the cheapest in the UK but if anyone can do any better shout!

UAV689
4th Aug 2010, 16:40
i know of a share at elstree, £63 an hour wet, £85 a month for a PA28-180 Pretty good that if you ask me.

jimbobs
5th Aug 2010, 10:19
I just done some hours in a pa28 160 in bournemouth its £45 dry hour it was a cheapest i could find in the south of england

jonspilote
8th Sep 2011, 18:07
where about in bournemouth did youget that rate for PA 28?

igarratt
15th Sep 2011, 22:30
Ravenair has solo hire for £66 per hour at the moment at liverpool but it's limited to a set number of hours available at this rate.
Does include vat and fuel etc, no membership required or other extras, just landing fee £15.
Is a real deal as I've had a slice of the cake, I'm not hour building but at that price its the same as a tank of fuel and I know what I'd rather be spending money on !!

they also have offers on dual training for £96, but I cant seem to get a discount on the twin solo hire :ugh: grrrr

base-8
26th Sep 2011, 00:20
I have just taken a PA28 160 round europe for £50/hr dry. look up james lea at fly with me aviation in bournemouth.