PDA

View Full Version : ZED Travel on DAL Int'l Flight

leeaf7
16th Jun 2010, 08:57
Hey folks, I am currently flying for Korean Air and planning to visit the states pretty soon to see my family. I've been traveling only on Korean Air flights with ZED tickets. However, these days there is only a slim chance of getting a seat with so many travelers, I am planning to return to Korea thru Delta's flight (DTW-ICN).

How is it flying Delta as a non-rev (ZED) traveler? I know the standard procedures is to list myself and hope for the best but I wanna see if I have a good chance (any DELTA employee here?).

Lastly, I know that I am traveling as a non-rev but not really "jumpseating." Should I still introduce myself to the captain and FO (I know US121 carrier jumpseat pilots do that as a courtesy)? I am afraid that the flight deck crew would give me "who the heck are you" kind of look.

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

picollo
16th Jun 2010, 21:28
I stand corrected, Delta is a Zed carrier.
I always introduce myself to the crew and I always bring chocolates for the entire crew as a token of my appreciation.

Good Luck.

oceancrosser
16th Jun 2010, 22:01
Delta is a ZED carrier. Get the username/password from Korean for www.flyzed.com, look at the flight you want to take under Schedule, and it will give you an idea of the bookings with a green smiley, a yellow nonsmile or a red frown. Appeared fairly accurate when I have used it.

filejw
17th Jun 2010, 01:02
Picollo..I think you will find most crew at Delta really don't need any chocolate, perhaps a few pieces of fruit would be in order....LOL

x37
17th Jun 2010, 16:15
Should not be a problem from the US. I had some issues coming from AMS to PDX on Delta the other day though where the KLM agents gave me grief because I was not listed. Got on in the end and I have a mail in to our jumpseat coordinator right now regarding both jumpseating and ZED travel on Delta. I'll let you know if I learn something else. I myself might be going on Korean Air in early August, any problems with ZED travel on your side?

Fred

Alpine Flyer
17th Jun 2010, 19:13
Was told before my last trip on DL that listing is absolutely required. Getting listed was no problem on a standard DL reservation hotline.

For US departures (domestic in my case) listed stand-by pax were displayed on a screen on the gate and asked to show up on the gate only when their name either changed colour or moved to the "accepted" part of the list. I always got on about 5-10' prior departure when seats of no-show pax were released. Baggage Check-In was normal with SBY tags put on bags.

Very efficient system, not requiring stand-by pax to linger around the gate agent to avoid missing their names being called up.

Expect to be on the veeery end of the list as a non-DL employee, though :ooh:

leeaf7
20th Jun 2010, 08:05
Thanks for answers guys :)

Fred, for your flight on Korean Air. If you are flying from the US to Korea, all i can say is "good luck." All flights are almost all the time oversold. Gate agents are pretty cool tho. They will do their best to get you on (especially if you are alone). I wanna recommend the same thing that i did to you (to buy Delta ticket DTW-ICN) just in case. If you are flying from AMS, let me know and I can check on it.

I guess I will just go to the front and introduce myself to the crew. Can't really hurt.