PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia X

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2010, 22:18
Supposidly a cheap long haul carrier...

I'm not going to put in any figures as it will be automatically closed by the mods if I do, however, having checked their fares against the standard airlines to KUL (EK, SQ, QR, EY etc.) from their respective LON airports, I seem to find D7 either very similar in price or more expensive BEFORE you add on all the extras that are standard amongst the others.

Now the only benefit I can imagine is the non-stop service however, surely you would rather a stop in SIN, DXB if the air fare is similar/cheaper with an airline such as EK, SQ etc. than D7?

I maybe wrong - but that would be my personal choice!

Views?

BFS101
14th Jun 2010, 22:28
Travelled Air Asia X back in Feb, and the return flight was about £270 if I remember correctly. Infact we got STN - KUL - SDK - BKI (Malaysian) - PEN - KUL -STN, all Air Asia except the noted Malaysian Airlines flight, all for under £350.

Maybe a special offer, but very good value (and an excellent holiday) in my book.

RingwaySam
15th Jun 2010, 00:59
Managed to book one of there offers the other day so ended up paying £90 one way with luggage and meals from Stansted to Kuala Lumpur - The fare didn't apply for the return so we'll most likely be coming home on EK, EY or QR.

Can't really beat prices like that but you have to watch out for there offers to really get the fare down.

MUFC_fan
15th Jun 2010, 10:28
I can only find fares of £241 and above one-way?!

Do I have to wait for a certain period to book?:confused:

RingwaySam
15th Jun 2010, 17:10
Yeah you have to look out for the special offers - Usually if your in the UK they'll start at 4pm and you'll have to be quick because they usually go with-in an hour.

Like I said, the return was quite expensive so we only opted for one way. As I live in Manchester were going to fly back to Manchester rather than mess around at STN.

daz211
15th Jun 2010, 19:07
As in all Airlines the cheap seats go first, AirAsia is doing very well on the STN
route, so well infact they have added more flights, also watch this space for flights to the USA from STN end of 2010/2011...:ok:.

MUFC_fan
15th Jun 2010, 19:11
As in all Airlines the cheap seats go first, AirAsia is doing very well on the STN

All of them?!

also watch this space for flights to the USA from STN end of 2010/2011...

Do they have the right?

daz211
2nd Jan 2011, 21:05
I see you can now book flights on one booking from STANSTED to -

MALAYSIA
KUALA LUMPA - KUL

AUSTRALIA
MELBOURNE - MEL
PERTH - PER

INDONESIA
BALI - DPS
JAKARTA - CGK
MEDAN - MES

NEW ZEALAND
CHRISTCHURCH - CHC

SINGAPORE
SINGAPORE - SIN

THAILAND
BANGKOK - BKK

LAX2000
3rd Jan 2011, 00:37
When i travelled to SE Asia for 3 weeks a few months ago there was very little difference in price between D7 and QR/EK etc.

I decided to fly LHR-BKK and KUL-LHR with QR for the comfort on a long flight and then booked 5 Air Asia flights in between, couldn't fault any of the flights, ontime and allocating seating. Not sure i would manage with them for flights over 2 hours though.