PDA

View Full Version : Low hours fATPL?

Golf--Lima--Papa
14th Jun 2010, 19:16
It would not hurt to try and get a job with Flybe on the ground or Cabin crew, plenty of vacancies around the country especially for crew.

Too many low houred guys on here think the industry owes them a favour, dont spend time on here moaning about the lack of jobs. Get out there, get in the industry and most importantly make contacts.

All the best :ok:

flyhighspeed300
14th Jun 2010, 21:50
I did a week and a bit of work experince in operation with flybe in November 2009. I have a Frozen ATPL.

I have not managed to get a job in operations nor cabain crew.

Giggey
15th Jun 2010, 08:04
As i guy which before landing a deck job worked as Check in agent,Ramp agent,Operations office, It spec and Van driver i can tell you that all this experience cannot be other than good.
The aviation related one helps you understand and RESPECT the other fields related to aviation.

So far i've seen too many people pretending to be God's on earth which have started this career as n°1 job and in my opinion have missed a very important part of the maturing process.

Problem is that some airlines have as policy that they will not employ as pilot a person previously employed on other roles.

cheers

Flyit Pointit Sortit
15th Jun 2010, 10:20
Eh??

Flown with quite a few F/Os who have been Cabin Crew or dispatchers. One now doing a command course as it happens

Any experience is good experience. It need not necessarily be in aviation.

Giggey
15th Jun 2010, 10:24
I think the same, they don't think the same at other places :(

A320rider
15th Jun 2010, 10:25
you still need to make a living!!!
if there is no job in aviation, what do you do?, mount tents in tent city?

found it!!!: Pay to fly(play)! that's the solution

flyhighspeed300
15th Jun 2010, 19:08
you still need to make a living!!!
if there is no job in aviation, what do you do?, mount tents in tent city?

found it!!!: Pay to fly(play)! that's the solution

Thats what I do. I work in a cold calling centre. Great career move. I fly once a month. around on average 1.1hours a month. I renew my IR and MEP in the air on top of this and do 1 hour a year in a B737 simulator for multi crew experience.

+ for my hoildays that i earn in a year, I use this time for work experience. i.e. Flybe Operations last year at exeter. to try to get any aviation job.

this year not sure where i am planning to do my work experience yet. I was looking at several business operators at farnborough but they area not really flying nor recruiting.

but i am hoping this year after doing the work experience, that it will lead to any aviation job.

RVR800
21st Jun 2010, 11:49
You are well placed for the upturn in recruitment that 1.1hr will add to you total in light plane

SpreadEagle
21st Jun 2010, 21:55
flyhighspeed300 - You are the sort of person who probably should get a job, but RVR800 may have a point. This massive amount of effort on your part may well get wasted. How are you going to get all that across on a CV?

Total hours 215 after 1 year?

I know plenty of people who weren't necessarily the best pilots, who went say 20 hours over on their training and haven't lifted a finger since. They write ...

Total hours 220

You can explain it all in an interview, but how many of those have you had?

I don't want to do you down. I'd rather someone who bust a haemorrhoid got a job over a 19 y/o 'look what daddy bought me' type, but you've tried that. Maybe a new tactic is in order?

Check your PMs.