PDA

View Full Version : Flight Time Limitations - Subpart Q

Inspecthergadget
14th Jun 2010, 11:33
I'm looking for a working document on Flight Time Limitations specific to Swedish operators. I believe that the points system is no longer used and that Sweden is now using EU-Ops Subpart Q.
Can anyone confirm this and if possible point me in the right direction to obtain such a document? I already have the official Subpart Q doc dated 20.09.2008 L254/223 but it's not that clear and open to misinterpretation.

Basically i'm looking for further clarification on the Window Of Circadian Low (WOCL).

Thanks.

Mr Angry from Purley
14th Jun 2010, 18:05
Gadget
Spoke to some guys from Thomas Cook Denmark recently and they told me they were now sub part q and points had gone. I would suggest Swedish CAA might be a good start

Inspecthergadget
14th Jun 2010, 18:24
Thanks Monty Python fan
Have managed to get a hold of a more informative document as used by a Swedish operator which answers my questions. But thanks for you informed reply.

The Sea
23rd Jun 2010, 05:45
I'm too !!!

OPS 1.1095

1.15. Window of Circadian Low (WOCL):
The Window of Circadian Low (WOCL) is the period between 02.00 and 05.59. Within a band of three time zones the WOCL refers to home base time. Beyond these three time zones the WOCL refers to home base time for the first 48 hours after departure from home base time zone, and to local time thereafter.

Let's go to :

http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/r/doc/research/FTL%20Study%20Final%20Report.pdf

Question 2,4

But I would like to know why the augment crew can increase allowable FDP to maximum limit in every cases. Even we are in WOCL or not.

Inspecthergadget
23rd Jun 2010, 12:47
The Sea
The pdf link is merely a report into subpart q versus CAP 371. Makes some valid points but it's not a working document.
I found what i was looking for and would suggest that in depth read of your company FTL scheme will facilitate an answer.
As to why an augmented crew may increase the allowable FDP is a rule that the authority has imposed and we with our Crew Scheduling caps on merely abide by the rule.
I would suggest however that if you want to know why then ask your CAA directly as i'm sure they will be only too willing to help.

merlinxx
23rd Jun 2010, 15:18
In BKK ? What FLTs:confused: