PDA

View Full Version : Airline logo?

limapapa
13th Jun 2010, 20:38
Strange question to ask, but will go for it anyway.
I have started dating an Airline Captain who flies ex LHR for Sri Lankan Airlines to the Middle East, Maldives, India, Singapore, Paris and Sri Lanka flying the 747 and A380. Fair enough, but when I checked this out SL Airlines do not operate those aircraft?? He mentioned that he flies VIP's and Presidents to those particular countries and also fare paying passengers. This I find strange as the logo on the uniform for SL Airlines is Peacock feathers wheras the logo on his cap and uniform have gold wings with a circular map of the world in the centre (colour red and blue) plus the same on his jacket pocket too.
I became curious about this as I have an interest in aviation anyway and feel at this point I don't want to question him too much about the information he has given me and what I have found out.
Could anyone shed any light on this logo?
I would be most grateful.

andrew152
14th Jun 2010, 10:45
SriLankan Airlines - About Us / Fleet (http://www.srilankan.lk/aboutus/fleet.shtml)

there's a copy of Sri Lankan's fleet. Oh and google pilot wings and I think you will get an image of something similar to what you have described

hope it all works out

sharpclassic
14th Jun 2010, 10:54
He flies the 747 AND the A380?

Hmmm....

andrew152
14th Jun 2010, 11:13
what about the fact they have neither aircraft in their fleet?????

m_cudin
14th Jun 2010, 13:30
be aware of your new man!!! :uhoh:

there's a lot of crazy people around the world, and a great part of them love the aviation world, and they are able to do so crazy things!!!

A friend of mine dated for almost a year with a man who was saying to be an Emirates captain...actually he was only a dreamer, but he was able to get the uniform and all the related stuff like badges and so on. Everything was falsificated, of course...

I don't want to scary you, it's just that when I read your post I remembered that experience...nowadays he is in an hospital and she's still cryin'...
Hope that your situation is different and everyhting would be clear in a short time.

Bye...

PENKO
15th Jun 2010, 08:51
I don't want to accuse your date of anything, but beware that what m_cudin says is absolutley true. For some reason aviation has an atraction to the greatest fantasists of the world, who are very capable of fabricating a completely false but initially convincing stroy about their supposed aviation career.

The strange thing is that these people are quite smart in the first place but they fail to moderate their fabrications, thus easily giving themselves away. Their stories are so good that one immdediately senses that something is wrong, whereas if they just tell a fraction of the lies, it might sound quite convincing. I had a 'friend' in school. When he heard that I was 'in to aviation' he came up with the story that he had his private flying licence, but not only that, he was also in the final stages of obtaining his commercial licences! And he was 16. Now if he had just stuck to the story that he had gone solo or whatever, I might have still believed him to this day! Anyway, the big give away (if it was not clear enough that not a word coming from his mouth was true) was the day that he went watching planes with me with his new air band scanner: he had no clue about ATC frequencies.

These people are quite sad and lonely if you ask me. I would be very careful however. You never know what else might come up in their imagination. So if you have a strong suspicion against your date, walk away sloooowly.

Capetonian
15th Jun 2010, 09:15
You are obviously in the grip of a conman. He's not even smart, if he were, he would know what he was talking about and would have done his homework and would know what aircraft were in the fleet of the company he pretends to work for. Alternatively, he is insulting your intelligence by exepcting you to believe this rubbish. Is this really someone you want to be in a relationship with?

Or are you a fantasist? When you say you are 'dating' him, do you mean this is an internet relationship, or have you really met him in the flesh?

Either way, I'm afraid one or both of you have a problem. Walk away .....

There are so many stories about people who have been had by these conmen.

Just a spotter
15th Jun 2010, 14:18
Wasn't this the thread of a plot on a UK soap opera (Coronation Street ..?) for some time? Guy says he's a pilot, has uniform, uses some big words etc, turns out he works in duty free (or something similar at the airport).

Caveat Emptor

JAS