PDA

View Full Version : Please help me out :)

skywolf2108
13th Jun 2010, 09:39
Hello forum,

I'm 18 years old and I live in Vietnam, my step dad is a captain and he has always been an inspiration for me and it's my dream to become a pilot just like him.

Well my story goes like this, after graduation, the major airline company in my country is experiencing a serious shortage of pilots and they need to recruit applicants, and after many tests, they will send the qualified applicants to Europe to train and become a pilot, and then comeback to work for them.

This is what I've got so far, I've passed the premilinary background check and handed in my TOEIC result(Which the company directly told me the higher my score is the better my profile will look in the eyes of the ''higher-ups''. Just recently I've also finished my 1st medical check. Now here is my problem, the medical check was unbelivevably hard, it was a 2 day long check and most failed on the first day, luckily I've got through to the 2nd day and now awaiting my results. I am confident that I passed most of the health checks but neverthless I am extremly worried about 2 results, one being me having a cold shower (which resulted in me having one side of my nose blocked and some frequent sneezing) right before my nose was check (which the doctor later diagnosed as sinusitis) and the second was my left arm is a bit bent (my father told me it won't affect my results but the doctor noticed it). The sinusitis is very acute, I never felt pain or any discomfort in my life and it happens rarely, it was just me being stupid taking a cold shower before leaving the hotel, I've regretted that decision a lot, however I've got a X-ray photo that proves I don't have sinusitis problems at all a 2 weeks before the exam, can I appeal if something goes wrong?

Last but not least, I've got 980/990 for my Toeic which was the highest score the company ever saw for a pilot applicant, do you think they will give me some slack (excuse my language) if my English is good?

Waiting for the results that could change your entire life is killing me:\ I seek advice from experienced pilots or anyone in the aviation industry, a lot of things are on the line and I just need someone to shed some light:sad:

I apologise for the wall of texts and for any confusions in my English, thank you very much!

Skywolf2108

gingernut
15th Jun 2010, 21:55
So, have you passed?

skywolf2108
16th Jun 2010, 04:53
Well...I was waiting for an answer from the forum, I check this thread everyday few hours :( I think people think this is a flame-bait or a troll thread which is sad.

Yes, I've passed the medical check. I'm going to be prepped in an military base for 3 months and then if I passed all the exams during that time I will be sent to France or the USA.

Lee
17th Jun 2010, 20:09
Congatulations, you just passed the first hurdle. Is the company, Vietnam Airlines? Just wondering. Best wishes on your prep.

skywolf2108
18th Jun 2010, 05:15
Thank you for your kind words:) I'm getting more and more excite everyday.

Yes. It is Vietnam Airline, does it have some kinda of 'reputation'? Just wondering:cool: