PDA

View Full Version : Florida Aviation Academy

belize hunter
12th Jun 2010, 00:02
I am looking for a flight school in the USA i came across Florida Aviation Academy in Pompano Beach Florida. I would like to know if its a good school bad school or stay away school.

B2N2
12th Jun 2010, 00:57
What is good for one is bad for another.
Give us some more info: what training are you looking for?

belize hunter
12th Jun 2010, 13:58
well i was looking to do my private instrument and cpl single and multi-engine. they are saying a time of about 12 weeks. i would like to find someone currently going there or some that had attended that academy.

B2N2
12th Jun 2010, 23:24
Well quicker is not always better.
Apart from that it is a a little strange that they don't mention which Multi engine aircraft you fly during your training.
They do mention the 152/172/Piper Arrow but not which ME.
No rental prices on their website either.
Some info here, not much but some:
Florida Aviation Academy~~~ - Jetcareers (http://forums.jetcareers.com/flight-academies-fixed-base-operators-fbo/56533-florida-aviation-academy.html)

belize hunter
15th Jun 2010, 01:17
thanks for the information i guess the best thing is to visit the school and talk to some of the current students

malc4d
16th Jun 2010, 13:17
I think they use a Duchess,

feduke
24th Jun 2010, 15:05
Do yourself a BIG favor. Only consider schools that are accredited like a university. Their standards are as high as they can get and you have recourse in case of a problem. Schools without accreditation can(and do) do anything they want.