PDA

View Full Version : require information regarding flight dispatcher's course

sierra golf
11th Jun 2010, 21:26
Hey ,
I am from India and have an Indian CPL , and i wish to do a flight dispatcher's course as it would help me in better understanding and will broaden my knowledge and experience in this field before my first flying job. But before that i have few questions and don't know anyone educated enough in this field to answer them. So if you could please help me,
Firstly, i would like to know if its even worth doing flight dispatcher's course/job after a cpl.
-The procedure to go about for a job as a flight dispatcher in an airline in India.
-I would like to do the course and job in India itself , so if you could help me with the schools that provide training for the same.
-How good is jeppesen flight dispatcher training being provided in India for the issue of Indian flight dispatcher's license and if it is recognized by dgca.
-Few pages that i have been searching have a requirement of age to be 21, I am 21 though but i would also like to confirm if there's a requirement to be a graduate to be able to apply for an airline flight dispatcher.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Grasscarp
13th Jun 2010, 15:16
One question that I can answer with certainty is that being a graduate is not a requirement to be a flight dispatcher. With a CPL you have already covered the subjects of flight planning, weather and NOTAMs, so you would know enough to get into a dispatch department. As to whether the Jeppesen course is recognized in India or whether having it would help you in that country maybe someone who knows will help you. I went into dispatch area in UK because having CPL gave me enough knowledge to answer questions correctly when interviewed.

desertopsguy
14th Jun 2010, 10:43
I think you'll find that there are lots of Indian dispatchers out there looking for work. The dispatcher factory in DXB churned out lots of them over the years. The job itself is not well paid in India either, so you might be better off checking what jobs are available at whatever carrier you are interested in and seeing if it is then worth the expense.

The problem with having a cpl and trying to get into dispatch is that many ops/flt dispatch managers want people who will stay for the longer haul. Someone who wants to fly will only stay until a flying job comes up and then bolt. Low time pilots regularily try to get in the back door by trying to work in ops, it has its merits for sure but as I said, most ops centres want people who will stick around; especially if they are going to invest some money in training you.

Good luck with it.