PDA

View Full Version : FAA b744 type rating in Europe

dcpao
11th Jun 2010, 20:24
Hello there!

Do you know any flight training center located in Europe able to provide FAA type ratings for the b 747 400?

gavin175
11th Jun 2010, 23:01
Oh god this website use to be quite informative but now it is just a complete farce, a day doesnt go by now with out ridciulous comments or requests like above, from "potential" pilots, this industry has become a disgrace, from a starry eye wannabe who has been observing this forum and the industry for quite some time, I find as time goes by the calibre of potential candidates who are trying to succeed on the number of "profit making exercises" been promoted by airlines and money hungry flying schools makes me quiver.

I repeatly receive emails on a daily basis from FTO's who can promise the world, if this was done in any other profession it would be regarded as ludicrous. I would not feel safe if the next generation of pilots whom want to pay 295 pounds for assessment days which i am now been invited to for free are willing to pay for this, from poorly constructed posts to many not willing to bother to research the topic but are willing to hand out 70k plus by the swipe of a pen is quite a scary thought, how are these people suppose to make the captains of the future.

The Thomas Cadet thread has also become a complete joke, i would not be surprised to see a post appear with a very insightful question in to what colour trousers should i wear or should i wear a blue tie or does it matter if i dont have a degree bla bla bla, i really hope the HR department of these airlines can see the wood from the trees or this could be really the last nail in the coffin of the industry.

These idiots that dont listen to some of the small excellent advice from the experienced individuals on the forum, im sure will jump to destroy my above post but hay i am glad that interviewers of airlines can smell the idiots from a mile of.

Regards guys

Gavin

Flyin'Dutch'
11th Jun 2010, 23:43
? Flightsafety in Farnborough?

dcpao
12th Jun 2010, 18:40
Ciao my dear mr know it all,
I don ' t think my question is so stupid ; there are several reasons:
1 st I have a FAA cpl with a CE525 PIC type.
2 I own 2 Citation Jet and I run my own aero taxi company.

3 I think I can invest same cash for this 747 training .
As far as I ve no time to go to USA. I asked my stupid question.

wigwag
13th Jun 2010, 05:42
I think in all honesty your better off training in the USA so search out training schools there. Also even if your completing training for the FAA license in Europe you still have to go through the whole TSA.

I have found any training in Europe for the FAA to be more expensive then just finding a cheap flight and doing it state side.

CAE, Alteon, maybe flightsafety

Hope it helps

ww