PDA

View Full Version : any news about jaa conference for new diotpries limits?

loz
20th Nov 2000, 01:11
hi guys;
does anybody have informations about the expected jaa conference in december .
the goal of that meeting is to discuss and take a decision aobut new dioptry limits for the jar fcl class1???
thanks for ur help;
loz

Flying_Steph
21st Nov 2000, 18:44
Hi loz !

Where did you hear (or read) that there would be a conference on this subject ?
Do you know where it is supposed to take place, and if they will release a document afterwards ?

I searched the JAA website but couldn't find it...

In the mean time, lets keep our fingers crossed ! ;-)

BossEyed
22nd Nov 2000, 00:07
Quote from an otherwise helpful letter from Dr R Hunter, the Head of Aeromedical Centre, CAA SRG, after I wrote enquiring about the recent dropping of the Initial Issue limit from -3 to -5D:

"I do not think that the JAA will dispense with uncorrected limits in the near future."

This is rather more pessimistic than when I spoke to him back in the spring http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

------------------
BossEyed 8-)

loz
25th Nov 2000, 01:13
flying steph,
i'm atpl student at the sabena flight academy;
i saw on ur profile that u from belgium ; maybe if u need some info about the future evolution of dioptries limits in belgium ; send me a mail at [email protected]
are u pilot for the sabena???
u asked me where i got the info that a conference is expected for december?
in last august all the jaa members had a conference to discuss about the future evol. of the vision requirements;
a part of them wanted to suppress the limits but all the members didin't agree with that bbut just agreed to extend the limits to -5d . they didn't get a final issue for that matter , so they proposed an other conference expected in december,; but i'm not completly sure that it will happen . if u want info check it with ur medical administration;
cheers;
loz

batu
28th Nov 2000, 00:15
You guys should try eyes exercises.....like the Bates method.....!!! It will improve your eyes!!!

wishtobeapilot
1st Dec 2000, 10:08
What is the Bates method? I really wish to be a pilot but my vision is at -6D. I hope JAA approves of laser surgery (LASIK) soon. Do you know anything I can do to resolve this vision problem? Would like to hear from you all.

Boeing Bloke
5th Dec 2000, 19:56
If you really want to know then contact Dr. Ian Perry in London on: 0171 730 8045

He is a JAA Board member campaigning for the dioptere limit to be abolished, a very decent person indeed and very fair. He will certainly support you!

Adamant
6th Dec 2000, 22:23
Was the JAA December meeting not scheduled for earlier this week? If so, somebody must know something by now?

Adamant
16th Dec 2000, 01:48
Back to the top. The big JAA meeting has been and gone - somebody must know something?

inverted flatspin
17th Dec 2000, 12:03
Found this on the JAA website.

<A HREF="http://www.jaa.nl/jar/jar/jar/jar.fcl.3.apx.b.c.13.htm" TARGET="_blank">http://www.jaa.nl/jar/jar/jar/jar.fcl.3.apx.b.c.13.htm</A>

Looks like -3 to -5 is OK as long as the refraction is stable.

Also notice the Date December 2000.

loz
17th Dec 2000, 15:10
yes u right, but u have to demonstrate that ur vision was stable for a period of 4 years from ur 17 to 21 ;
cheers
loz

Adamant
17th Dec 2000, 15:38
The latest amendments to JAR-FCL 3 (Medical) are dated 1st December 2000. Those amendments, in draft form earlier in the year, were subject to the Notice of Proposed Amendment (NPA) procedure. They were subsequently ratified, and are therefore substantive, and came into effect on 1st December 2000. However, further JAR-FCL Medical Sub-Committee discussions were held during week 4th-8th December 2000. What was the outcome of those discussions?

jlms
18th Dec 2000, 12:37
Guys.

Check out the latest post titled "Vision requirements - again". There's a response from the JAA from someone who inquired about the change of dioptre regulations.

jlms